• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Non flying to flying need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ramza, the problem is that he doesn't want to use the object editor. I know other people who wanted that. For example, to make a fly spell.

Flaming, unfortunately only through object editing can you do that. You need to replace a non-flying unit with a flying unit to make it work. So yes, you have a problem here.

~Daelin

Level 12
Ramza said:
U cant let a unit fly with trigger editor if the unit isnt a fly type unit. Why u dont wanna use object editor??
Becouse the unit is not supposed to have flying as standard movement. He wants it to be changeable for different sitations.
I will never forgive Blizzard for not adding a native to change unit movement type. It forces me to use two different dummies as well as causing Flaming's problem.

Level 11
Flaming said:
Ok then its not possible with no dummy ty anyway. If we all just report it to blizzard maybe in a new patch they might change it :p

I doubt that. I already reported simpler stuff such as a bonus for SetUnitStat so that it can be used to manipulate maximum HP and MP. But as you can see, no improvement. I say we are wasting our time. They will update only what they want.

~Daelin

Level 3
I was actually curious to this problem myself, my friend wanted a spell that lifted an enemy unit into the air, but it couldn't be done unless the unit was already flying.

Then I played Tides of Blood and saw that one guys move where he jumps into the air and I was baffled.

I guess dummy units explains it...

Level 10
wow, that's a completely different case. The flying you saw in TOB was the same guy; only it was tirggered flying and he was able to do that because of the flying trick, wherein you add then remove a metamorphesis ability to allow a change in that unit's flying height. As for your friend, i'm not sure to what extent he wanted but you can easily do that without anything using a custom effect (namely the impale wityhoput the giant spike) and use that on a unit and you'll toss em into the air for the duration of the actual impale effect. Simple change for what you want, unless what your friend wants is a lot harder than that.

Still i always wanted blizzard to add their detection of attack types or setting the damage area to affect whom you wanted it too (my reasons are for hitting larger buldings)

Status
Not open for further replies.