• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How to make unit HUG the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've read some threads regarding on how to make a unit fly using the "crow form" ability. But for instance, I want to make a dragon hawk (trained unit) with default flying height to touch the ground permanently and have some triggers to make them fly again?

(remove a flying unit's height offset near a terrain cliff)

Last edited:
Level 4
First real is the desired fly height, second real is how quick you want it to change.

• Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 0.00
(if you set height to 0 they will REALLY hug the ground. You might want to set it to a little bit more than 0)

Level 5
I mean even if the unit is near a cliff? I want to remove that height offset for dummy units just like how the breathoffire/shockwave abilities have the projectile arts hugging the ground.

Level 33
Do you just want the unit to be only visual on the ground, or do you really want to them to become Ground Unit ?
Because just by setting the Animation Height, it does nothing but still makes that unit as a Flying Unit, it will still pass over cliffs.

Last edited:
Level 5
I've set my dummy unit as a flying unit. but as it passes through a cliff, it somehow flies a little bit higher (just like a unit stepping on terrain ramp). Unlike the shockwave wc3 spell, its projectile art skims the ground as said. you may want to test what I'm trying to say by using a flying unit and enclose them into a ring of level 2 raised cliff terrains.

Status
Not open for further replies.