• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nok'thal the Savage

Just another Forest Troll model edit. Based on Samwise's art (Link)
Based model is the Warden with some minor animation edits so it will not look strange.

Give credits if used.

Keywords:
Nok'thal, Savage, Forest Troll, Samwise
Contents

Nok'thal the Savage (Model)

Nok'thal the Savage (Model)

Reviews
18:14, 22nd Apr 2010 DonDustin: well...as I see you haven't made anything of what I suggested, but it is good enought to be aproved

M

18:14, 22nd Apr 2010
DonDustin: well...as I see you haven't made anything of what I suggested, but it is good enought to be aproved

Level 16
You should give him headhunters tusks, also a small beard would be good, that from mountain king is ok but with an other texture.

Well, someone said Demon Hunter animations are boring (his name starts with the later T :p), so I searched the MPQ suitable with a spear and shield and found this.
At first attempt, the shield goes to the leg (stand, and dissipate); the shield is slanted and blocks the view of the troll (Attack - 1 and Stand Ready. That's why I just made minor edits.

Then I'm in the stage of submitting when I saw the feet, unfinished. Lol, I started opening mdlvis again and started some copy and pastah and bone attachings.

I tested ingame, it died in I heard "Iyaaa! (Girl voice)" Oh lol, I forgot to change the Event Objects.

That's the history :p
I'm picking what to do next...
Another Troll? or Another Orc?

Level 16
Anyone of them would be coll but i think the assasin should be first, yes there is a model of an orc assasin but its and old one and a new should be good.

Level 25

First of all, awesome model! Seriously, I really love it.

Personally I think you should do Troll (mostly because I like Forest Trolls more than Orcs :p) As JokeMaster said, there is allready an Orc Assassin.

Also, isn't than Orc Garona? Or just someone who looks like her?

Level 26
you should srsly change the walk animation and the attack animation would look better with a phalanx like stab animation, right now its more like a swing. Oh and it would be great if you would do more changes to it, because you chose an awesome concept, but right now it only looks like another geoset merged model. I would even suggest to get rid of the shadowhunter masks texture and try another wood texture and put a layer of planes over the masks to create the faces. That way you could add something really new and creative.
Some deeper face edits to add some new personality to your troll should be a good idea aswell.

Oh and do not see this as a pure critism, because I actually only posted this because I see a lot of potential in this model :)

Well, someone said Demon Hunter animations are boring (his name starts with the later T :p), so I searched the MPQ suitable with a spear and shield and found this.
At first attempt, the shield goes to the leg (stand, and dissipate); the shield is slanted and blocks the view of the troll (Attack - 1 and Stand Ready. That's why I just made minor edits.

Then I'm in the stage of submitting when I saw the feet, unfinished. Lol, I started opening mdlvis again and started some copy and pastah and bone attachings.

I tested ingame, it died in I heard "Iyaaa! (Girl voice)" Oh lol, I forgot to change the Event Objects.

EPIC ORC! DO EPIC ORC! And nice model.

Level 51
Level 51
I know but any rep for me!?Without me, this model wouldnt have been made!
(I know I cant ask for REP, but he forced me to do that)

you just can't ask for rep, only because you telled a guy in a request thread he should make this model for you... you did nothing for this, you didn't even made the concept art...

and also, REP isn't the importantest thing :D

Level 9
Finally a troll unit that can be used as strength hero. This is very useful atleast for me.
I am happy that you decided to make it despite MogulKahns lack of courtesy.
I mentioned a similiar request to Jokemaster. Which seems obsolete now that this is made.

Still, I will rate this a 4/5
Don't get me wrong, the model is great. However the animations are all wrong.

I don't model and I don't know how animations work.
But FirePandarenBrewmaster and EarthPandarenBrewmaster has some good animations that I believe would suit this model.
Maybe someone could give it custom animations, who knows. For now, I encourage you to improve it as best as you can.

Level 2
Any chance you make this model with a blue skin, like a Sen'jin troll? I know it's not like the art... But It'd be awesome :gg:

Level 3
Now I can do a troll family: Troll headhunter, Troll shaman and Troll Spearman ;)
I agree with Comrade.Rat, the no glow version should be better

Level 2
great model! but if you could make another one without hero glow that would be so awesome.