• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Savage XR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I wanted to show you a brief introduction with pics/vids of the (meanwhile) free RTS / FPS online game:

Savage: The Battle for Newerth (XR)

History of "Savage: The Battle for Newerth"
“Savage: The Battle for Newerth” was released in 2003 by S2Games. It combines the computer game genres First Person Shooter, Real Time Strategy and minor aspects of Role Playing Games effectively into an on-line only multi-player game.
In 2007 www.newerth.com (the official community site) acquired the source code for “Savage: The Battle for Newerth” and announced its continued development with the implementation of new features and content into the game.
Since the release of the source code to www.newerth.com, the game is free to play and has recieved significant improvements. Graphics have gotten a total overhaul, statistics can be viewed online or in-game and with an auto-updater all other extras will be available to you as soon as their released. This new version is called “Savage: The Battle for Newerth (XR)”

Game Information
"Savage: The Battle for Newerth (XR)" is a unique freeware game available on all computer platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac). Two teams battle each other and the winner is determined by team-play, skill, cunning and endurance.
Choose to be a commander and play an in-depth RTS managing a command center, or choose to be a unit and you play an intense game of first person / third person combat. With the creation of a new game play genre, RTSS (Real Time Strategy Shooter), Savage expertly redefines the first-person shooter and real-time strategy genres by combining elements of both into one cohesive experience. As the commander in RTS mode, you will tackle resource management, develop a tech tree, plan tactical and strategic assault and lead a team of up to 64 human players into battle.

humanrtsdeadl.jpg

"commanders point of view"

As a unit in action mode, you will master melee combat, many unique weapons, powerful units, and siege vehicles to fight a fast paced battle. The aim of the game is to destroy the opponents headquarter. When trying to achieve this goal both teams clash into each other and a fight is inevitable.

humanfpscross.jpg

"field player's point of view"

The teams fighting each other are of two different races. The "Legion of Man" is facing the "Beast Horde", both with different combat systems, technology and play-styles.
The Legion focuses mostly on defensive game play and slowly pushing back the beast. In battle humans can block, have superior ranged weapons, medical equipment and fast transportation items to be anywhere the beast show up.
The beasts however try to overwhelm the humans with a continuous destructive force. In battle beasts excel in melee fighting. They have the power to leap and their melee ability’s can be upgraded to stay alive longer or kill faster.

beastloadout.gif

"Beast's weapons/items/units purchase screen"

This unique fighting system makes “Savage: The Battle for Newerth (XR)” an one of a kind game which is very fun to play.

When can I start?
You can start as soon as you have downloaded the game (for free). No need for registration or any form of payment and there are no restrictions to the game. When the game starts for the first time you need to enter a log in name with password. This will allow you to join a clan and watch your statistics online or in-game. You only need to do this once though, and your username (the one people will see in-game) can be changed at any time in the game options.
If you cant figure something out or if you dont know how to get the options best for you, don't be afraid to take a look at the Newerth.com Forums where many questions can be asked and answered. There is also a lot of information about the game in the forums so it might be worth to take a look.

Join the Beginners Event!
Learning Savage: The Battle for Newerth (XR) isn’t easy. The game has a steep learning curve and even with the included tutorial you have a chance of being overwhelmed by the speed and skill of veteran players when you start. When you like to jump into the deep and take a look of how things go when you play a bit higher up, you can join the big public servers or watch video’s of savage action. The biggest (unofficial) youtube channel of Savage contains tutorial video’s / frag video’s and recordings of ClanWars.
This Savage fanatic and several others like to help out people that just discovered the game. By organising a weekly opportunity for the starting players to join a server where beginners can develop their skills and learn the game in a fun and supporting environment.

Watch this video for details and some Savage action:

Now that you’re eager to try the game, watch this next video to see how you can install, start and join the server:

What can I do once I get the hang of it?
“Savage: The Battle for Newerth (XR)” is a competitive game. This includes the opportunity for players to create and join clans. There are already numerous clans out there praying on fresh potential so once you get up to speed you might have them to your choosing. Having multiple clans creates rivalry which leads to ClanWars. Two clans battle each other in two rounds (one with humans, one with beast) on one map. High levels of team-work and cunning strategy’s play the biggest role, also talking with your clan mates over Teamspeak or another program creates a special experience. Every once in a while Newerth.com organises a tournament. Clans can sign up and fight each other on a variety of maps to decide who is next in the Hall of Fame.

since a mate has compiled all this to present Savage in other Forums, I decided to show it to the hive community... Try out and enjoy!

Greetings

Last edited:
Level 3
heh, just wanted to introduce this to peepz who might be interested - no reward for me than maybe some new fellow gamers there :grin:

Greetings to all wc3ers in the hive, I´m not active anymore but I hope someone enjoys my map from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.