• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No new maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
This is another day like many before.

Everything that I see on garena is Vampirism Fire, RISK, The Kingdom of Kaliron, Castle Fight and something named DBZ tribute.
I rarely see others.
And when I do, then it's tropical tower wars, or legion TD.

Almost all of them are hosted by bots.

I remember when I came to garena, then it was possible to get a full game even with a map noone had ever heard of.
Now I can't even get 1 person for Gaias, although it's better than this TKoK crap the bots are hosting.

What do you think?

I blame the bots.

Level 14
What do you mean you can't get 1 person for Gaias. Europe RPG room 1 is always Gaia's best destination. Rooms hosted by bots or not fill in for a minute at most.

I can't understand what everyone have against bots?
+ Hosting is more stable. Players lag, bots don't.
+ Bad hosts of 10+ player games sometimes leave and screw the other 9 people with a disconnection. Bots don't leave
+ They set some language rules, ban leavers and mute spammers. What's the bad in that?
- People are used to doing the above, so they hate bots when they are restricted from it.

Level 21
What do you mean you can't get 1 person for Gaias. Europe RPG room 1 is always Gaia's best destination. Rooms hosted by bots or not fill in for a minute at most.

I can't understand what everyone have against bots?
+ Hosting is more stable. Players lag, bots don't.
+ Bad hosts of 10+ player games sometimes leave and screw the other 9 people with a disconnection. Bots don't leave
+ They set some language rules, ban leavers and mute spammers. What's the bad in that?
- People are used to doing the above, so they hate bots when they are restricted from it.

I simply kept trying to find people and it took me 4 hours.

I'm not against the general idea of bots, but just the implementation. At the moment they only host some certain maps and nothing else.
Players have no way of competing against bots for the reasons you stated above.

So basically, I am not against bots in general, but against the fact that they only host a little variety of maps.

Level 14
I am quite certain garena host bots are paid for this service OR they just host what was mostly played. For the free bots, they register game statistics in the database of garena. If they fail to meet a certain criteria they will start host another map.
For example there is only one footmen wars host bot, but recently another one was assigned, probably removing another map from hosting.

Custom games are not filling just because people don't like them as much. Even that being said I always host Legion TD and get a full party in less than a minute or two.
A while ago Garena was splitting rooms according to mostly played games (only the dota ones survive yet today). There was a room for footmen wars and a room for Tower defence games. Didn't work out very well because people like switching games without the need to leave and reenter diffrent rooms all the time.

Level 21
I am quite certain garena host bots are paid for this service OR they just host what was mostly played. For the free bots, they register game statistics in the database of garena. If they fail to meet a certain criteria they will start host another map.
For example there is only one footmen wars host bot, but recently another one was assigned, probably removing another map from hosting.

Custom games are not filling just because people don't like them as much. Even that being said I always host Legion TD and get a full party in less than a minute or two.
A while ago Garena was splitting rooms according to mostly played games (only the dota ones survive yet today). There was a room for footmen wars and a room for Tower defence games. Didn't work out very well because people like switching games without the need to leave and reenter diffrent rooms all the time.

Most of this I did not know. What criteria do they use?
Legion TD is one of those few maps that does get people.

Level 14
There is a lot of statistical data like
total games played
total finished
number of leavers
average game length
time idle

and others. I haven't been on the Garena staff or anything but a balkan hosting company was using the same basics from them and this is inside information from their moderators.

Level 21
There is a lot of statistical data like
total games played
total finished
number of leavers
average game length
time idle

and others. I haven't been on the Garena staff or anything but a balkan hosting company was using the same basics from them and this is inside information from their moderators.

Hmm, okay.

I'm still wondering why people rarely join me, no matter what I host.

When I started out then they joined more.

Status
Not open for further replies.