• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hostbots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Back when I started actively modding for WC3 there used to be places to host new maps.
Some of those were the RPG rooms in garena.

However, now any room that has a considerable amount of people is absolutely spammed by bot-hosted games.
This would not be a problem, if it weren't for the fact that you can only see up to 20 games on garena.
Thus, bots are stopping any new maps from appearing, unless they are also hosted by bots.
It's a vicious cycle and I want to break out of it, as currently I see no real way to quickly find testers for my maps anymore.

Is there a way to ban games from bots personally?
Any rooms that have people, but are not spammed with bots?

Level 14
Makemehost.com is a bot service, but they have a page on their site which shows all the gns and who's hosting, so people can use it at a more efficient public games list. A lot of players use it exclusively to find games, because anyone can host what they like, so the maps that people like are what get hosted.

Level 21
Makemehost.com is a bot service, but they have a page on their site which shows all the gns and who's hosting, so people can use it at a more efficient public games list. A lot of players use it exclusively to find games, because anyone can host what they like, so the maps that people like are what get hosted.

I've seen makemehost on b-net, but does it also exist on garena?
I prefer not to use battle-net, as I can't actually host anything myself there.

Level 21
It does not exist on garena. Makemehost is a tool that allows anyone (even you) to host any map you like on B.net. You should probably check their website to understand how it works.

I've actually tried it a bit before, but at that time what turned me off was the fact that they have some special requirements for uploading maps.
Perhaps if I can fulfill them, it might work.

However, I still have my reasons why I don't like b-net. Would be good if they served the maps on both b-net and garena together.

Level 14
If you're actively developing, you may like to email the MMH admins about a mapper account, which will let you upload directly without waiting for approval. Make sure you don't leave broken maps uploaded though!

If you're willing to pay for your own hostbot, your provider may let you host on both garena and B.net (sometimes for an additional fee; this is what I do). Be warned however that the gn will be lost in the flood on B.net, so it won't see much use aside from private games.

Good luck with your hosting pursuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.