• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nightforest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I made a little terraining since I got some spare time to kill. How is it and what could I improve? And yes, the wagon is from WoW.

**EDIT** 21/09/07

Added the new version of the image, but kept the old one as well.

**EDIT** 22/09/07

Changed unit and made the terrain a little brighter in an attempt to make it look like the moonlight is coming through the treetops.

**EDIT** 22/09/07 (2)

Tried to make a desert, need help improving it, since I do not like it how it is.

Attachments

• scrnshot 12.jpg
    scrnshot 12.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 205
  • scrnshot 13.jpg
    scrnshot 13.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 213
  • scrnshot 14.jpg
    scrnshot 14.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 174
  • scrnshot 15.jpg
    scrnshot 15.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Level 24
Well it looks nice, I like the atmosphere you have created for it, although I think it could use a few more doodads, rather then just grass and a couple of flowers, like a couple of rocks would look good.

And I don't really like the big rock in the background, perhaps change the rock you are using to see if you can make it look any better? But apart from those things I like it a lot, + rep!

Level 9
Bob27, that isn't a rock, it's UberCloud from the Ultimate Terraining Map. D:

Donut3.5, I was thinking of adding something in the middle but I'm not really sure what. Some kind of traveler I suppose but there aren't that many models/skins that'd fit in with it in my opinion. And about the moonlight I removed the right one and put the left one a little more in the middle. Also, I'm not very found of hero glows on units when they're just in a terraining picture.

Level 9
The main focus is the wagon standing there in the night in a dark forest. Gonna update the image soon.

Level 25
Very nice work! Although simple and probably easy to make, the out-come is impressive. My only problem is the Druid in the picture. His texture is too fake and gleamy. You should replace that model with a more realistic model with a good texture.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I think it's too dark, can't tell if it's good or not! =P
I guess it's pretty good from what I can see, the barrens needs work for sure. Add some cacti and bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.