• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[General] Night Elf and Undead AI Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello hivers,

I would like to know why Night Elf and Undead AI do not work for my map, as well as steps to fix them. Currently, they build their special gold mines and cut trees, but that's about it. They stop working, building, and making units after that. How do I fix them?

Thanks in advance.

Level 3
Perhaps you removed Run Melee AI in trigger? or you use custom buildings?

"Run Melee AI" is there, and it would not make sense for Human and Orc AI to work if its not.

I do not use custom buildings. However, I do have custom units that can be made along with default units. The custom units need multiple default upgrades to be unlocked.

Level 20
The AI works they just dont mine gold -> cant build anything. That is because of the 2 mines, I guess you can fix it by editing the standard initialization triggers but they are a big mess (I can see what I can do when I have more time if you want). If you remove one of the mines it works correctly.

Level 9
"Run Melee AI" is there, and it would not make sense for Human and Orc AI to work if its not.

I do not use custom buildings. However, I do have custom units that can be made along with default units. The custom units need multiple default upgrades to be unlocked.

You have to make your map carefully, because even in some Blizzard Melee Maps (I constantly play them so I know), Undead and Night Elf kind of bugs out. As in, the Undead will just have some structures built and they will be stuck at doing nothing. Night elves also do the same. I believe it's the the starting place terrain that bugs them out.

Level 23
You have to make your map carefully, because even in some Blizzard Melee Maps (I constantly play them so I know), Undead and Night Elf kind of bugs out. As in, the Undead will just have some structures built and they will be stuck at doing nothing. Night elves also do the same. I believe it's the the starting place terrain that bugs them out.

Hmm, that didn't happn to me when I played Melee Blizzaed Maps.

Level 20
It happens on the 'Friends' map because the gold mines are too close to each other. Maybe try placing them farther away from each other. The only thing I remember is that the starting mine has to be less than 2000 meters(dont know what it is actually called) away from the starting location.

Level 9
Enakro's Way bugs Night Elf [Unsure about Undead]
Timbermaw Hold bugs Undead and Night elf.
Same with Wizard's Retreat.

There are several others which I have forgotten...

I would also like to take note that Humans kinda get stuck on Tier 2... Reason is unknown of what causes this.

Level 3
The AI works they just dont mine gold -> cant build anything. That is because of the 2 mines, I guess you can fix it by editing the standard initialization triggers but they are a big mess (I can see what I can do when I have more time if you want). If you remove one of the mines it works correctly.

I'd love to keep two mines, so if you do have time, please do. Thank you in advance. Also, it seems that Orc and Human AI also only use one of the mines in playtesting, do they have the same problem as the Undead/Night Elves? Will the solution fix them too?

Level 3
Enakro's Way bugs Night Elf [Unsure about Undead]
Timbermaw Hold bugs Undead and Night elf.
Same with Wizard's Retreat.

There are several others which I have forgotten...

I would also like to take note that Humans kinda get stuck on Tier 2... Reason is unknown of what causes this.

That's interesting. I'm on my phone so I can't check at the moment, but will definitely do so later. What could the problem be?

Level 9
That's interesting. I'm on my phone so I can't check at the moment, but will definitely do so later. What could the problem be?

It only happens SOMETIMES. I don't know what cause, but if this happened even after you separated your mines far away, then it's not your map's fault; though you might need to do adjustments to avoid these since other Blizzard maps do not stun Night Elf/Undead.

Level 20
It actually affects humans and orcs aswell. If you shift one of the mines a bit further away the workers may start mining from the wrong one (wrong one = farther one). Like in friends, where AI's may sometimes exchange their mines.

I took a quick look in both the init triggers and the undead ai and I didnt find anything usefull. As far as I could understand you cant change that.

Level 3
It actually affects humans and orcs aswell. If you shift one of the mines a bit further away the workers may start mining from the wrong one (wrong one = farther one). Like in friends, where AI's may sometimes exchange their mines.

I took a quick look in both the init triggers and the undead ai and I didnt find anything usefull. As far as I could understand you cant change that.

If I move the mines away from each other, will the AI expand and eventually use the further mine as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.