• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Question about AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all, I am making a map using the normal 4 teams - Human, Undead, Night Elf, Orc. However, I have changed where you can build certain units (for example, putting all orc units in the barracks, and all troll units in the voodoo hut which is just the beastiary, re-skinned).

Now, as I test the map and watch the AI do its thing, I noticed on races I haven't changed as much (Night Elf), the AI works fine and gets to tier 3, etc. However, with Orcs and Undead, and to a lesser extent Humans, they never get past tier 2 and working with 2 heroes and not the end-game units. Humans get to tier 3, but don't make units past 2 mortar teams (No gryphons, etc). Strangely, I moved the 2 night elf druid units to a new building (Chimaera Roost reskinned into a Barrow Den) and the AI seems to be able to make those units just fine.

So, my question is, is there a place to that has listed the AI build order to see where I can either modify units so that it works (but just looks how I want it) or do another workaround?

Level 13
You'll have to modify the default AI script for each race because the AI isn't aware of those changes yet. Then, re-import them in your map as the following path and name:

"scripts\human.ai"
"scripts\orc.ai"
"scripts\undead.ai"
"scripts\elf.ai"

Also, there's no GUI tool for editing those; it must be edited via text (JASS). Notepad will do, however I recommend that you use JassCraft or anything else that has syntax highlighting.

Thanks to Nowow, there are these two rich tutorials which might be quite useful for you just in case you want to further modify AI scripts.

Creating AI Workflow
Intermediate AI Concepts

You can access the original AI files with Casc_View or MPQEdit tools depending on your Warcraft 3 version. Though, I've already extract them from 1.32.8 war3 for you and attached them below

Attachments

• scripts.rar
    15.2 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.