• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] AI doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Can anyone please help me? I am making myself some custom melee series, but my night elf AI just wouldnt work. Both human, orc and undead AI works just fine. As of night elf AI the computer only does mining gold, and does nothing else. I worked on this for 7 months, and I don't want to just give up on this project, but I really can't figure out what's the issue with the AI. Please if anyone can take some time and check it out for me, the template map is provided in it

The Ai files are in the map itself, you will have to export it if you want to check it out

Attachments

• (1)Template.w3x
    4.6 MB · Views: 24
Level 13
I tested it, well I was unable to open any ai scripts since the al editor are looking for .wai files not .ai files so I made a very basic ai. This basic ai can build a coral bed, altar of depths and quarters, train reavers, can harvest lumber but strangely not gold. I think it has something to do with the slave abilities since I was unable to select it as gold worker in the ai editor. Also I used the 1.31 version so you might not be able open the edited map at all.

I recommend learning how to use the ai editor, here are some links.

AI Editor
The AI Editor

Attachments

• (1)TemplateEdited.w3x
    4.7 MB · Views: 22
  • (1)TemplateEditedScreenshot.png
    (1)TemplateEditedScreenshot.png
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • (1)TemplateEditedScreenshot2.png
    (1)TemplateEditedScreenshot2.png
    2 MB · Views: 36
Level 28
I tested it, well I was unable to open any ai scripts since the al editor are looking for .wai files not .ai files so I made a very basic ai. This basic ai can build a coral bed, altar of depths and quarters, train reavers, can harvest lumber but strangely not gold. I think it has something to do with the slave abilities since I was unable to select it as gold worker in the ai editor. Also I used the 1.31 version so you might not be able open the edited map at all.

I recommend learning how to use the ai editor, here are some links.

AI Editor
The AI Editor
upload_2020-9-17_15-51-39.png

What do I do :(

but still, thanks for the links tho

Last edited:
Level 13
Not much, I'm afraid. I tried opening your map first in my 1.27 version but yours was more recent and saving it causes my editor to crash so I used 1.31 version instead. And it's not possible to downgrade the map either. I zipped the ai file, try extracting, importing and triggering it. Once the .wai file is imported, it should automatically create an .ai file. I also attached a screenshot on how to trigger it. Run the custom ai script before running the default melee ai scripts.

Attachments

• ElfNagaTemplateTest.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 28
  • (1)TemplateEditedScreenshot3.png
    (1)TemplateEditedScreenshot3.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 33
Level 28
Not much, I'm afraid. I tried opening your map first in my 1.27 version but yours was more recent and saving it causes my editor to crash so I used 1.31 version instead. And it's not possible to downgrade the map either. I zipped the ai file, try extracting, importing and triggering it. Once the .wai file is imported, it should automatically create an .ai file. I also attached a screenshot on how to trigger it. Run the custom ai script before running the default melee ai scripts.
thanks dude! i appreciate your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.