• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello

I have been working on an altered melee map and it seems I broke my AI. they don't build anything. I have the trigger for "Melee - Run AI for computer" and also "AI - set melee AI script for (player): map.ai" but it does not run.

I have my starting units on a small 10 second delay, that is the only thing that I think could have caused this, but why can't I just run the melee at 10 seconds?

The AI had been working, so I am not 100% certain why the AI stopped. Is it possible I messed up the AI some other way? Like accidentally clicking something in the AI editor? how come there is not a "reset to default" setting under AI anywhere

Level 6
errors in the build tree? I have not messed with the default buildings too much. This happens for all races

I also tried placing the AI triggers before and after the "create starting units" trigger
I have tried the following:
Map Init
Melee - Run AI for computer
10sec
Create starting units

And I have tried
10sec - create starting units
AI - set melee AI script for (player1): map.ai
AI - set melee AI script for (player2): map.ai

I have tried multiple ways with just 1 of the triggers, or 2, or 3 etc

I feel like that isnt the actual reason, like maybe I accidentally did something I wasnt aware of, but I am not sure. I have a lot of triggers going on at the start with dialogue buttons, but I feel like its all setup 100% correctly. Is it possible that I could have accidentally erased the AI settings when clicking through the menus? or anyway to reset to default?

Last edited:
Level 6
This is all very new to me, and I don't quite know much about any of this lol :)

I have not done anything too extreme or advanced with my map, its mostly basic triggers and a few custom units, my custom units do not interfere with any of the default units (as far as I know)

If however, copy and pasting stuff from another map into my map can carry stuff into the AI editor, if that is possible, then I don't know but I might have done that, I mean, I only imported a few things recently. Mainly a loading screen and a custom terrain texture for blight that isnt working, and some naga units from a map I wanted to use, but I dont't really know what I am doing lol

I get really nervous about importing and/or copy pasting stuff, so I have tried to keep that to a minimum, and I mainly just work with basic triggers.

Level 6
would you care to look at my map? Its a mess with the triggers so I understand if you cant figure it out, but I really dont have much changed with the default buildings

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Try creating the starting units, setting the AI scripts to the players and then starting the AI.

The top one fails because the AI does not own any units when it is started. The bottom one is likely failing because you create the custom units but start a generic AI (not compatible with them) as the AI script is only set afterwards.

Level 6
are you saying something like this??

10sec
create units
11s
AI - set melee AI script for (player1): map.ai
AI - set melee AI script for (player2): map.ai
12s

i tried that too

Level 6
hmmm I dont know, I assume it would be the default name??

How come when I go to the AI editor and click test, it doesnt work there either?? It seems like the AIeditor testmode is skipping my triggers but it still doesnt work even in the AIeditor test mode

its like I erased them or something, but I never touched them

Status
Not open for further replies.