• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign AI doesn't activate at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all,

I'm just doing some testing right now. I'm trying to create an altered-Melee style map for a campaign.

If I load the map directly (through test or custom map) the ai loads fine and behaves normally.

If I actually load it through the custom campaign menu the triggers don't seem to fire.

Things I've tried:

1) Regular "Melee Game - Run Melee AI Scripts"

2) The above but with the town hall + 5 peons pre-spawned.

3) Simple custom AI initiated through both "AI - Run Melee AI" and "AI - Run Campaign AI"

If I don't prespawn the units then they aren't even created when I launch through the campaign. Either way the AI does nothing in campaign mode.

When I launch through the campaign I also noticed that hovering over their units displays nothing. IE usually you'd see "Computer (Normal)" or the name of the force "Undead Scourge" or whatever. Instead nothing shows up at all.

They are set to Computer in the Player Properties tab.

Not sure what else to try.

Level 1
Do you mean like Orcs or Humans? If so, then yeah the computer (player 2) is Orc the human (player 1) is human but I did try it with UD as well.

Level 30
UD?

Do you mean something like this?

streitmacht-eigenschaften-png.263004

Sorry. It's in german, but i don't have anything different at the moment.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Are you using the same map in the editor and in the campaign? If you add a map to a campaign, a copy of the map is inside the campaign. Changing the original map will have no influence to the campaign map. You need to open the map with the campaign editor and then edit it or you can edit the original map and always replace the campaign map with the new version of your original map.

Status
Not open for further replies.