• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night Elf AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am making a custom Night Elf AI, and when it starts up three of the wisps stay behind and do nothing, I am guessing that those three are looking for a gold mine as normally the AI sends three to mine gold, however, the AI isn't scripted to send any workers for gold (As it's a CP based map). Does anyone know any way to fix this?

Level 5
I know what you mean, but as I said, that's not the issue. The issue is that three of the starting wisps won't gather lumber. My map is command point based so it has no gold mines, which isn't a problem as when making the AI you can tell it what workers should harvest what.

I put wisps ONLY on lumber, which means they *should* all gather lumber, and build buildings as necessary, however, three wisps, despite not being told to harvest gold are sitting there as if looking for a gold mine.

Level 5
Is this using default AI or one you made?

One I am making, but I'm not new to it, I didn't have this problem when I made an AI for the Humans and Orcs.

you can add a trigger to make those wisps do what you want them to do. For example, if u want all wisps to harvest lumber u can do a trigger that selects all units of the type wisp and do harvest lumber

Would they still build things though?

Status
Not open for further replies.