• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Workers won't enter gold mines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am making a map with Custom races, one of them is Naga. I altered the Night Elves to make them. However the Night Elf workers; the wisps, can't use a gold mine before it's entangled. The Mur'gul Slaves can. But since I have basically only altered the Wisp's model file to the Mur'gul Slaves the computer still thinks it has to entangle the mine before the workers can use it.

How can I make the AI use the gold mines?
Skärmbild (192).png

Level 12
Why not copy the Mur'Gul instead of the wisp ?

Otherwise, you can switch the gathering ability to the human one ? I don't think this would work though, as gathering is a bit complicated...

The AI does not think that it has to entangle. It has to entangle.

-Ned

Level 4
Why not copy the Mur'Gul instead of the wisp ?

Otherwise, you can switch the gathering ability to the human one ? I don't think this would work though, as gathering is a bit complicated...

The AI does not think that it has to entangle. It has to entangle.

-Ned
I have tried to switch the gathering ability but all Mur'gul Slaves goes for woodcutting instead.

Hmm... maybe I will just use the wisps and call them enslaved spirits or something...

Level 2
You can edit the wisp's "Abilities - Normal" using the Object Editor. First you need to open the object editor then find the "Abilities - Normal" of the wisp at the top. Then find the ability "Gather (Wisp Gold and Lumber)". Edit or replace the ability to "Harvest Gold and Lumber"

I have never tried it... but you can see that this is the ability of Peasants and other workers to mine gold and cut lumbers.

Level 12
You can edit the wisp's "Abilities - Normal" using the Object Editor. First you need to open the object editor then find the "Abilities - Normal" of the wisp at the top. Then find the ability "Gather (Wisp Gold and Lumber)". Edit or replace the ability to "Harvest Gold and Lumber"

I have never tried it... but you can see that this is the ability of Peasants and other workers to mine gold and cut lumbers.
Unfortunately, as I am aware, it is not that easy.
There are a few other things that have to be done to make a new harvester.
As I remember, Attack, Capacity & 2 other things also have to also be edited.

-Ned

Night Elf has an internal shitty AI behavior with mines that makes it not a good race to base newer races on if you aim for NE AI. It's hardcoded to the internal mechanics of the game.

I recommend basing them on Orc, as this race holds a very similar behavior to Naga race. If you insist on basing it on Night Elf, you need to write your own AI or make the mine similar to entangled one.

Status
Not open for further replies.