• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Nightelf AI workers not harvesting gold when it is changed to a custom race worker. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making a melee map with custom races and I want Nightelf as Naga so I changed Wisps into Murloc Slaves. However the murloc workers only harvest lumbers and not gold when it is played by Computer AI.

I can't remember how I did it but I once made it work long ago.

Can anyone help please?

Is this a trigger problem? Or is it AI script problem?

Level 2
im not to familiar with it but it has something to do with the AI. try playing with it (i would just copy all of the wisp ai to the Murloc and add Harvest lumber) it may also have somthing to do with the night elf ai wanting a enchanted gold mine.

Hope this helps

Level 6
Ok so if you copied the wisp to make a new unit then it doesn't work because the Melee AI will not properly recognize these new workers since even though you have copied them they will have a different unit id (think it is unit id). If you have changed something about it on the default unit make sure you remember that the default wisp unit can only mine from an entangled gold mine. So if you did it that way you will have to make sure there is either an entangled gold mine or remove that from the wisp and give them a normal way to mine gold.

Edit: if you are adding in Murloc Slaves instead of wisps it will not work as the Melee AI does not recognize them properly and will just send these workers to harvest trees. With any unit the Melee AI does not recognize it just makes it stand still.

Status
Not open for further replies.