• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

News

S11

S11

Level 3
awesome the long awaited DMS!!

+reps for releasing next week

Last edited:
Level 4
:jd:OMG

You didn't even mention the website you created for the game . It looks awesome .
I found it after searching the game .

I also saw the update on the monsters that will be in the game under the Game Info thread.

I also saw that you plan to expand the game to a standalone it sounds cool and mind blowing .:thumbs_up:
Sadly I can't help as I'm more of a gamer than a programmer .:sad:

So excited I've checked the hive like six time today , can hardly wait , keep up the good work.:goblin_good_job:

Level 4
First, a happy 2014 to all of you.

I'm very happy to see you so excited about the project - this helps me with a lot of motivation. :)

I think that I'll be able to release the beta this friday.

Yessssss , I plan to stay up for the whole night.

Ready and waiting

This suckz you live in a different time zone to me have to wait 4 ever for the release today.

Still waiting , 7 hours later , I haven't moved :p
( joking )

Last edited:
Level 4
Hehe... well, ok then: I will release the map tonight, after a final playtest with friends (in about 4-6 hours from now).

You do not have to stay up. I guess the map will still be there tomorrow.. ;)

No there won't be as I have a 12 hour car ride from Gorge to Johannesburg. That's why I'm pulling an all nighter + it will also make the journey faster as I'll sleep in the car.

Level 2
Anyone planning on trying to host a game of this? I'd be interested in checking it out as well.

Level 13
OK, here's a first small update. It fixes a bug with the save/load system and destroying barrels is much more rewarding now!

Edit: 2nd hotfix that increases the power of slayers savage strike (slayer was too weak in comparison to hunter).

Last edited:
Level 13
So the latest update brings the difficulty modes. Right now, the difficulty does not affect the loot but at least the score. However, I will add loot depending on difficulty as soon as I find the time.

EDIT: I will also try to set up the systems to that the difficulty modes also affect the amount of damage the monsters inflinct. This would be the real deal.

Last edited:
Level 13
Just a short note to let you know I'm currently working on a lot of things for v0.90. Most important aspects are the move to permanent hero levels. This really is a lot of work since most of the monster stats and the difficulty modifiers need to be completely recalculated. The second big aspect is the new item design which means massive work too since I need to design and implement all items by hand.

So, things may take some time. I hope that I find some time on the weekend though.

Level 13
Hey folks, while the update isn't completely finished yet, I can provide you with a list of all the changes to come along with v0.90:
- Hero level will be permanently saved
- Max hero level will be set to 10
- Levelups will have a bigger impact on hero power
- Old save codes won't work any longer
- All values & modifiers for difficulties, drop chances and the score system will be updated/changed
- Weapons redesigned; weapons have different pros, cons, affect particular spells, etc.
- New armor item class; armor influences movement speed
- Rings redesign and addition of new effects
- Dropping & trading loaded items and items from presents won't be possible any longer
- Fixes a bug so that whiping between rounds sometimes didn't caused a restart
- Fixes a bug so that the game did not restart when a player left while the others were dead
- Hopefully fixes a bug that caused an extremely rare game crash in some situations
- The power of monster spells and special abilities scales with difficulties
- main bosses now drop crystals on death​

I think from now it will be 1-2 more weeks.

Level 4
Hey folks, while the update isn't completely finished yet, I can provide you with a list of all the changes to come along with v0.90:
- Hero level will be permanently saved
- Max hero level will be set to 10
- Levelups will have a bigger impact on hero power
- Old save codes won't work any longer
- All values & modifiers for difficulties, drop chances and the score system will be updated/changed
- Weapons redesigned; weapons have different pros, cons, affect particular spells, etc.
- New armor item class; armor influences movement speed
- Rings redesign and addition of new effects
- Dropping & trading loaded items and items from presents won't be possible any longer
- Fixes a bug so that whiping between rounds sometimes didn't caused a restart
- Fixes a bug so that the game did not restart when a player left while the others were dead
- Hopefully fixes a bug that caused an extremely rare game crash in some situations
- The power of monster spells and special abilities scales with difficulties
- main bosses now drop crystals on death​

I think from now it will be 1-2 more weeks.

cool update , sadly it's been two weeks , looking forward to it.

Level 13
I know it had become a bit quiet around this project. However, nonetheless, I have some significant changes and updates in mind. In particular, I want to make the combat more intense, more gritty, more addictive. Because, currently, the gameplay is not as fast-paced as I think it should and could be. As a consequence, my basic idea is to reduce enemy hitpoints, but increase their damage output at the same time. This way, I think, players actions and consequences get more weight. I hope that I find some time soon, to do some experiments in this gameplay direction.

Level 4
Cool I just worry about the damage increase on higher difficulty levels with lots of players. Please add more items especially legendary rings and armor if possible.

Suggestion
I find armor a bit redundant thier pros vs cons seem to cancel each other out . Perhapse you could give them a boosted hp regeneration , increased hp or more special bonuses such as auras , damage return , active effects ect.

Level 4
Cool , I'll see if I can test it out today or tomorrow it might take a while since it is exams

Edit had a quick play i found the cycle of power near the forge but how does the item crafting work or is it to do with something else ?

Last edited:
Level 4
Oh, i forgot to remove the circle. Currently, You do not need it for crafting at all.. Just check the knapsack

Must they all be compatible with the class e.g to make a rod for Alrik can you only use other rods that he can wield or can you use other player weapon classes to craft a weapon .

Level 13
In my first attempt, I implemented it so that only one item had to be hero-usable. However, I felt that this variant made gear-building way to easy and fast. So, as it is now, all 3 items must be usable by your class in order to be valid crafting material.

Level 13
Hey folks, it's been some time, but finally here is a new major game update (v0.93) that brings a lot of new stuff to the game.

For example, combat now is more fast-paced, items have a much bigger influence, there are ancient dwarven defense turrets that can be activated, some spells are changed/improved, cooldowns are lowered, new items are added, there are new hunter and engineer pets, etc. (see http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/dwarven-monster-slayers-709/version-info-changelog-251738/ fore more details)

Have fun and report back what you think!

Level 13
Hey everyone, trying to catch the christmas spirit, I've just uploaded the new 0.94 release. Get it here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dwarven-monster-slayers-246403/

As always, you'll find a list of all changes and additions here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/dwarven-monster-slayers-709/version-info-changelog-251738/

Among other things, the update includes a new difficulty mode, new monsters, an improved Cthulhu wave, a streamlined crafting system and various bug fixes.

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Level 13
Dwarven Monster Slayers becomes Standalone Indie Game

Hey everone, in case that some people still read here, I want to make a little announcement.

I've just started developing the Dwarven Monster Slayers as a full standalone indie game powered by the Unity engine. However, don't expect a 1:1 conversion. The standalone will be different to the WCIII map in many aspects. In particular, it will be an FPS, not a topdown dungeon crawler any more.

I've attached a first screenshot so you can get a rough idea how the game might look like later on:
attachment.php

Attachments

• TDMS_01.JPG
    TDMS_01.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 504

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Looks really amazing, though I don't really like the fact that it's gonna be an FPS. Anyway, I wish you good luck.

Level 4
Cool , but the website has been up for ages . The home page picture could be better as the wall is pixel-ly and ugly and the lighting is also bad , but everything else seem great .