• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Newgen world editor can't edit tileset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys. So I got back into warcraft 3 mapping after a 5 month break. I remember using the newgen editor to get more tiles in one map. So I installed it, put it in my exception list on avast, which is my only antivirus. And when I open it up, it all works fine, except when I click Extensions > Edit tileset. When I click it nothing happens, no menu comes up, no error, nothing. I reinstalled it 2 times and checked all the posts and tutorials in it's thread and I'm seriously tired of searching for it. Please help. Also, sorry if I did anything wrong, this is my first post on here. Thanks in advance. :)

Level 1
If I remember correctly it was something like this:
  • Enable UMSWE.
  • Edit tileset.
  • Let the editor save itself.
  • Do not save after that.
  • Restart the editor.

Yes, I know this, UMSWE is enabled, but when I click edit tileset nothing happens. No menu, no error, nothing.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Level 14
This has been a problem for a lot of people. Including myself.

The concensus is that you have to have your antivirus turned off after completely removing JNGP and reinstalling it. Then put it in your exclusions list. Then turn your antivirus back on. There is something that is identified as a hack so some antivirus programs just delete it. I've tried this, but I must have done something wrong. Like not getting rid of my JNGP first. The basic idea is that you cannot give your antivirus a chance to delete the part that is used to edit the tileset.

Level 1
This has been a problem for a lot of people. Including myself.

The concensus is that you have to have your antivirus turned off after completely removing JNGP and reinstalling it. Then put it in your exclusions list. Then turn your antivirus back on. There is something that is identified as a hack so some antivirus programs just delete it. I've tried this, but I must have done something wrong. Like not getting rid of my JNGP first. The basic idea is that you cannot give your antivirus a chance to delete the part that is used to edit the tileset.

Well, I guess I'll give it a try, I'll tell you if it works. Thanks for the reply. :)

EDIT: Didn't work unfortunately. Uninstalled, turned off avast, downloaded again to make sure the files aren't corrupted, and installed, put everything in the exceptions list. UMSWE is enabled, RtC is disabled. Avast doesn't report anything. But it still doesn't work. :/

EDIT2: Nevermind!!! It works! :D I just had to make a new map and now it works! :) Thanks for the help Veritas!

Last edited:
Level 14
Awesome! Unfortunately I'm too far gone in my maps to start new ones so I'm stuck with the tiles I've already got in those.

Glad I could help

Status
Not open for further replies.