• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NewGen WE Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My JNGP has been working for about a month, and then all of the sudden it just "breaks" and i cant start it. Whenever i start the NewGen WE it tells me to select the Directory warcraft is in, so when i do it says "Could not locate Warcraft" and then says it could not find WorldEdit at the file. I tried reinstalling the NewGen, and it didnt work, then i reinstalled warcraft III and the newgen, then it worked until i logged into warcraft III

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is your warcraft folder? It is a bit weird that that is happening. Maybe you should try putting your folder in C:\Program Files\Warcraft III because I never had problems with it being there.

Also try running it as administrator, perhaps it doesn't have permission to access it so it is not working correctly. Good luck.

Do you have an anti-virus program running? You should probably disable it and try to reinstall newgen.

And about the x86 thing, it just contains the 32-bit program details so that shouldn't matter. Although, I haven't really encountered the error that you have so you may want to try moving it to the regular program files folder just to try and see if it works.

Level 4
I disabled my anti-virus, moved my files, and reinstalled, it still tells me to select the Directory Warcraft is installed too, then it says with the title exehack "Cannot Locate Warcraft" when i press OK it says from we.lua "could not find worldeditor at C:\Programs (x86)\Warcraft III\worldedit.exe try setting path to warcraft folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\InstallPath or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Grimoire\War3InstallPath"

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, perhaps you have a damaged disk.
:ogre_rage:
You may want to try downloading the online version by registering your cd key.
can you give me a link?
You could try with a fresh JNGP installer: http://wc3modding.info/4263/jass-newgen-pack-jngp/
it doesnt let me download it :/

EDIT: Nevermind with the download links, i think i fixed the problem, by reinstalling warcraft III, installing the patch first, then installing NewGen, hopefully it doesnt break once again, thanks for the help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.