• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NewGen WE problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello everyone,

I encountered a very annoying problem with my NewGen WE. Whenever my partners send me their version of the map, I make my own changes and save it on my desktop. Then i want to test it in Warcraft 3 and my map is unplayable! There are no player-slots visible.

NOTE: I can test their version before my alterations are made. We're also using VJass. I redownloaded NewGen atleast 6 times, tried different versions.

Any solutions? It really slows the whole project down and this is very important.

Thanks a lot!

Level 19
I just encountered the problem too, do you by any chance have characters that dont show in the WE? Anyways, I just saved the map with another name and the map ran normally, I didnt even have to restart the editor. I've been using moyack's JNGP V2.0.7

Level 12
Hello everyone,

I encountered a very annoying problem with my NewGen WE. Whenever my partners send me their version of the map, I make my own changes and save it on my desktop. Then i want to test it in Warcraft 3 and my map is unplayable! There are no player-slots visible.

NOTE: I can test their version before my alterations are made. We're also using VJass. I redownloaded NewGen atleast 6 times, tried different versions.

Any solutions? It really slows the whole project down and this is very important.

Thanks a lot!

I had alot of problems with saving while using (jassnewgenpack5d) as well it took me awhile to actually figure it out but I was positive it had to do something with the editor. I even made a thread about it with no luck unfortunately. I always keep at least 2 back up files on 2 seperate drives in case it fails or corrupts. I've been using the newest NEWGEN 2.0.7 over jassnewgenpack5d I havent encountered a problem yet but lets hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.