• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help Newgen WE newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
all this whole time i always using standard WE warcraft 3 version 1.20
but i want to learn Newgen WE using JASS

and i downloaded this spell
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...llpack-249340/?prev=search=jellal&d=list&r=20

i dont understand when i tried save on my Newgen WE the compile become errors, even if the map on link above its worked, no matter what kind of map using jass if i tried save it in my Newgen WE its occured error (if i erase the jass trigger, the error is erased) so there is problem with my WE or what?

help me to solving this prob please, otherwise i wont be able move on from GUI
just want to copy the spell from that map :(

:ogre_rage:

also if i test map while that error still intact, then my warcraft 3 is stopped working (not responding)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    374.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 2.png
    2.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
i use JNGP last version JNGP5d
that spell if i test it through warcraft 3 1.24b its worked properly, but if i open it on my JNGP and saved it, its occured error , weird right?

in demo map there is no error at all if i played it on warcraft 3 1.24b
i followed it properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have more than one version of Warcraft 3 on your computer? JassNewGenPack only looks at the directory specified in the registry and grabs the common.j from it. Judging by your original post, you have one that is version 1.20 (before hashtables were implemented). So perhaps JassNewGenPack is grabbing from that MPQ instead of your 1.24b mpq.

Why are you on a previous patch to begin with? The latest is 1.26, and if you want to run maps from older patches, you should just use version switcher instead.

Also, try to avoid double posting. Just use the edit button.

Level 6
ok, but how to changed it to 1.24b on newgen WE?
tried deleted newgen and extract it again, doesnt work
but if i use 1.24b the jass will be working?

the reason i keep using war3 1.20 because when i tried to upgrade WE to warcraft 3 version more than 1.20 the triggers on WE not working, error, dunno why

edit: now i changed the version into 1.26b and try added jass again to my map and get this 2 error:
sorry , im still dont understand anything in jass unlike GUI
so if i got few error, i already panic and confused =(

edit2: from what i analizing, the error on images bellow is about sound after casting the skill, if i erased the sound code part, the error gone, how to fix the error so the caster still released the sound?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    443.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 2.png
    2.png
    420 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
It looks like the original spell map used some custom sounds. Go back to the original demo map and look in the sound editor. It should have "Altirias" and "Grand Chariot" listed in the right window.

They might be imported sounds, so you'll need to go through a few steps to transfer it over to your map:
  • Go to the import manager and find the sounds that are used for "Altirias" and "Grand Chariot". Right-click each sound, and export them somewhere onto your hard drive. Import them into your map and save.
  • Go to the sound editor, right-click the imported files and select "use as sound". Make sure they are named "Altirias" and "Grand Chariot" respectively. The world editor should automatically generate those sound variables and those errors should be fixed.

Level 6
weird i already imported it and the path already right but not fixed, so i separated it using 2nd trigger, 2nd trigger for sound after started effect of abilities and its worked
ty mate, without you i never be able to using jass in my map =)
now that hashtables thing is worked in my WE, hoped there is no prob with my WE anymore
take a whole day to solving this problem xD ty very much

edit: wait why after i edit the ability its become fatal error
before this , its not fatal error and i was able to use the ability

its happened when i click test map or i click my map inside warcraft 3 game

edit2:i have tried saved my map on Maps or Maps/frozen throne, its occured fatal error
but when i tried save on Maps/My Games (the beginning folder) its not fatal error. Dont tell me my map is corrupted?! what must i do,
i have tried save it in another version of warcraft , its not worked, fatal error too
by the way my debug mode is checked

can you take a look from the map it self sir?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...llpack-249340/?prev=search=jellal&d=list&r=20
its the spell is bugged or my WE having prob? already erase the jass and redo it again but in the end fatal error ocurred.
Is most of jass spell risk of fatal error like my case? or just this jellal spell is broken? or because of my map size reach 8 mb so its heavy for jass?
confused :ogre_rage:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.