• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jass risk of fatal error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 458

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
is JASS really risk of fatal error or just that jellal ability is the one broken causing my map messed up
Just so you are aware GUI produces JASS when you save the map. WC3 triggers all run in JASS.

What is likely the case is that one of the JASS systems or abilities you use (from the spell pack) is doing something unsafe (crash prone). Such unsafe scripts should be able to be made safe (not crash).

Level 23
the coding doesnt necessarily need to be bad per se, the problem, from the memory address could just as much be that he is trying to call Player native with index >15 or <0.

If your map crashes while you load it in editor, it has nothing to do with Jass, the Editor does nothing with Jass, so it is probably faulty model or skin.

If it is during loading, it is still not guaranteed to be jass tho, the Jass gets interpreted as the loading bar goes slightly after half, so if it crashes before, it is again some fault in the map itself(could be corrupted unit data for instance), but yes, more often than not, Jass is responsible for crashes :D

If you test the game with JNGP and it goes into main menu, it means the vJass code in the map is not parsed, and the game does quick validation check over the Jass code(probably because it is trying to convert it to bytecode at that instance), so if it sees something that is not valid, it will throw you to main screen instead.

Level 23
no. If you have faulty model, and you place it in editor in the map, then when you save the map, close the editor and open the map via the editor again, chances are your map will crash even when loading in editor.

If the map crashes during loading however, it can be more, it can indeed be Jass problem, but it doesnt need to be(A lot of natives will crash the game when called on map initialization[even shit like I2S will crash, which si completly hilarious]), but it can just as much be some corrupted data, like some thing went wrong when you were setting life for a unit or something.

As Zwieb said, Jass and Models are completly disjoined fields

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The spell pack map was not built correctly. As such it crashes during load when you test it. If you re-build it (save again in JNGP) it gets in game.

In game I did not experience a crash when using all the abilities, however that does not mean that it is stable it could still crash rarely.

Level 6
i tried another jass in my map (my 2nd and 3rd attempt to applying jass to my map)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-207607/?prev=search=move%20speed&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...036/?prev=search=cluster%20rocket&d=list&r=20

its worked fine, no sign of fatal error at all, so the one wrong is that jellal trigger spell pack
:)
but i like jellal.mdx model on jellal spellpack map and several spell import model and i took it on my map , just dont know how to making anime characters into warcraft 3
i heard it can be created from war3 model editor but i dont know how to use it hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.