• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New WC3 Map maker needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok i hope im saying this right...

I am working on a map based on the Trading card game, Yu-Gi-Oh, and am having trouble setting up specific triggers up properly to work the way i want them too...

The following is what i am trying to do:

1. Ok First off, for those familiar with yugioh TCG, Each card in the entire database of them has a sort of effect and clculation, (Monsters, Traps, Spells) I want to be able to imitate these ideas and what not into my map...
Monster Cards - Each Monster has a set of Attack points as well as Defensive points (E,g. Mystic Elf: 800 ATK / 2000 Def) When this monster is set on the field it either can ve set face up in attack mode (and can attack with its 800 point value) or can be set in defense mode (Face up or Down with 2000 def also can be called armor)... So say in this map i wanna create, player 1 sets Mystic Elf in Defense mode on the "feild"... and player 2 gets his turn and plays a higher attack monster than the Defense points of Mystic Elf ( Say 2500 attack), then attacks... I want the calculation to be done like the actual Trading card game... Where the attacked player loses no life points but his monster is destroyed... OR Monster was played in attack mode and was attacked then player one loses 1200 life points (out of 8000, See Duel field set-up and battle phases)... If u need more of an explaination plz feel free to comment and ask...
Trap Cards - If you are familiar with the TCG this will be fairly easy to understand as will the rest of this post... Ok Trap cards in the TCG have certain effects and abilities at the player's disposial, and can be used in a variety of ways depending on the card... for now Lets Stick with one called Trap Hole... What this does is that once set face down on the feild, can instantly be used to destroy a normal summoned, or Flip summoned (see card rules - Monster summons in on the official yugioh website if you do not understand this part) monster of any level with atleast 1000 or more attack points. This then sends the destroyed monster to the discard pil or so called "graveyared"... I need triggers for these cards as well that will imitate these features...
Spell Cards - pretty much same idea as traps just need to imitate each type of card effect... :p

2. Duel field set-up and battle phases: Sencond off, in a duel each player has a set amount of "life points" that determines who will win once these life points are depleted. in a 1 vs 1 duel that amount is 8000. i need a way to implement this so that it plays ou like the TCG would... suggestion migh be to have a non movable or useable unit act as ur Life point holder and each time you lose points the unit calculates it and deducts the necassary amount from its total...

Ok, Battle phases... in any duel there is 6 phases one must go thru for their turn...

Draw Phase - This is where the current player who is taking his or her turn draws 1 extra card besides the ones in hand
Stand-by Phase - Usually allows for effects and decision making to happen
Main phase 1 - This is where players set down there cards on the feild however they deem necassary
Battle Phase - this is the damage dealing phase and calculation takes place
main phase 2 - players may set aditional traps or spells on the field or summon a monster if not done in MP1...
End phase - Moving onto next player's turn

I want a trigger system that imitates this aswell...

An questions, comments or concerns plz feel free to post them.. Thanks for reading in any ase

Level 7
Well for the thing you want with monsters i suggest you use a trigger to create a so called "monster" on the field and if it's in defence mode it needs to have less attack points (damage) and higher defence points (armor)

for traps , creates a critter invisible to the other player and visible to the caster.

i can't say all now , i must go . if you want i can tell you more later this day.

cheers

Level 12
I suggest planning out exactly what you want to do, then breaking it into smaller pieces that you can tackle.

It's very hard to read walls of text like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.