• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New themes for THW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, we have other themes alright.

diablo.jpg

dwarven.jpg

ralle%20dark.jpg

ralle%20light.jpg

terran.jpg

wow.jpg

zerg.jpg

Miz

Miz

Level 3
WTB D3 Theme. Would be badass.

VB themes have so many images, and things to edit. I am sure if someone makes a good one the staff would approve it, but I think its unfair for them to be forced to make anymore then like the 7 Pyrite just showed us. :gg:

Yet I agree, it would be badass to see a Diablo theme that matches the quality of the main ones we use right now.

Level 34
I ask the following things of the new themes then:
  1. Simplicity
  2. Casual
  3. Small loading time (I believe WC3C's theme loads longer, or it was just the server)
  4. Readable font
  5. No annoying colours

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm also sure you could find a Web Developer and Graphics Designer here that would be willing to help make a new theme.

Reporting for duty, sir!

Honestly, I would love to do it. I've never made a vB theme before, but I've certainly done lots of HTML + CSS designs that load quickly and look nice. Also, I just got back from a nearly two year absence from warcraft... so I have a lot of catching up to do around here.

Level 6
I don't think I'd be able to finish any of those themes; I don't like them :)

I would much rather have a unique header, and then use simple aesthetics instead of full-blown graphic driven websites. This approach reduces server load, as well as increases page load time, things THW struggles with, or so it seems to me.

Yeah, the Terran Theme colors are totally awesome compared to the ugly brown and green Nelf colors. And yeah, where's all the resource links when using the Terran Theme!?!??

Well for one, the terran theme is for the sc2 section thus it would link to sc2 resources normally - atm this isn't possible. Though really, I cannot express with words how much I hate the Terran theme with all it's eyefuck blue - I try to avoid the sc2 forums because of it.

1 thing though is that it would be nice if the themes were universal on the entire site - and thus would work for all sections with no need to switch between them for different sections, having both wc3 and sc2 (when possible) resources linked at the top and everything easily accessible.

A second thing would be a nice theme that's easy on the eyes that's not excessively bright or dark, I like how the wc3 theme already looks when it comes to this so something similar but that would work for the entire site would be nice.

Level 7
Well for one, the terran theme is for the sc2 section thus it would link to sc2 resources normally - atm this isn't possible.

Just from a user perspective; skins are for appearance purposes and preferences, not functional differences. Maybe it's just taking a while for SC2 to be integrated into the Hive - understandable completely. But I hope someday I can browse using a choice skin (e.g. Terran :xxd:) between the WC3 and SC2 sections of the website with easy to find (even if indirect) links to either game's resources.

Side note: Since I joined here I've always wondered why the resources were small links up at the top. I always felt those links deserved more real estate considering how much more effort goes into the content behind them.

Level 21
Gentlemen,

Would it be possible to set a fast / light thema such as original subsilver works for old phpbb2 forums?

I'm usually the kind of guy who do not care about design, but hate when they are too much things attacking my eyes.

SCII thema there is quite good, except it's dark. I prefer light.

Just an idea I throw up.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.