• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(New(?) style map) to make or not to make!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New style map, originality check and suggestions

Hello,

The idea is of 2 heroes battling each other by spawning creeps and casting spells.

The map contains 2 opposing sides of the map separated from middle part battleground divided on 5 "lanes". A hero is placed on each side of the map and each player has his own hero (red and blue in my current map).This is actually like a tower defense without towers, and you spawn the creeps manually, and by type. It also involves casting of spells.
this is example of the setup
226372-albums7103-picture79188.png

Since you have 3 slots occupied by summon spells (melee, ranged and magic), I've planted 7 different "orbs" each it's own colour:
P, B, Y, G, R, W, and V.
By stepping on one orb, one gets a letter on his Spellstring which is basically a string, and is shown at the bottom of the screen (floating text) and by having certain order of letters when you step on an orb, you get a spell - each spell has it's own spellstring, and by stepping on V (void) your Spellstring is deleted and you start over.

I came up with the idea of 5 classes; Paladin, Elementalist, Lich, Demon summoner and Arcanist, each one with their own style of play.
Gold is currently not used in this map, I don't have any idea how to use it.

Classes

- relies on his army - has melee and ranged troops (human)
- his spells are divided in 3 categories:
- Restoration - healing spells
- Repentance - offensive spells
- Determination - buff spells

He has 3 categories in one spell per category in each of 3 circles (ranks of spells), so 9 spells in total. (3 heal, 3 buff, 3 offensive)
He can choose one of 3 masteries(it raises the level of the spells up to 3), type of spells to excell in. This can sound confusing, but you'll get it when you get to the table of spells.

1) Rejuvenate - fully heals target minion
2) Invigorate - Aoe, heals over time and gives a boost of movement speed(ms)
3) Redemption - revives all minions in a lane with 40% hp, converts enemy units

1) Holy Purge - Aoe, dispels all buffs and damages demons and undead
2) Justice Hand - Aoe, deals more damage the higher hp unit has (not %)
3) Exorcism - instantly destroys all demons and undead on map, loose 5 hp

1) Bless - Aoe, raises unit atk by X
2) Empower - Aoe, raises atk and armor by %
3) Guardian Angel - give 999 armor to all allies for 10s

all paladin circle 3 spells have 1 min cd

- posseses no kind of troops
- relies completely on spells
- has direct damage spells
- once agan, 3 categories:
- Flame - usually damage, over time, explosion...
- Thunder - disrupt spells; stuns, speed/slow buff utility
- Frost - mainly defense spells; slow and stun, disables,

Elementalist has 5 levels of his "Elementalist" passive which enables him to use spells of higher circle. He has 3 types of magic with 5 circles of spells, 15 spells in total. He can raise his spell levels with masteries (flame, frost, thunder) which can level them up to level 5. He can use 2 masteries, so he can have up to 10 spells on level 5, the rest on lvl 1. He doesn't use any troops so he has 3 empty spell slots, he can hold up to 3 spells at a time.

1) Fireball - collision missile, dmg on impact, infinite range or the fence border
2) Sphere of Flame - deals 3 damage in wide aoe, global range (usually used for direct damage to the enemy, missile travels in an arc and is slow so it can be dodged)
3) Inferno - It's simillar to Flamestrike, just it lasts 30 sec and deals less dmg
4) Imp from Hell - summons an imp that casts random Fast-but-painful Infernos
5) Hell from Above - 3 meteors randomly across the battleground, deal dmg, stun in Aoe, form 3 Flame Giants(Immolation, Spell Immunity, average hp)

1) Shock - target, bounce infinite times, can't hit the same target twice, stun, dmg
2) Living Current -, point target spawns 3 electric orbs that atk and slow enemies
3) Surge - links up to 6 enemies in range of 1000 and gives them bonus MS, heals for each unit for each 300 distance passed, link breaks if target is stunned or disabled/immobilized
4) Energy Link - links all enemies in a lane to enemy hero who looses 1 hp and 1 mp for each unit that dies, link breaks if target is stunned/disabled/immobilized
5) Gravity - pulls all enemies into the middle lane, holds (not immobilizes) them for 1 sec and deals dmg after it

1) Freeze - freezes the target unit and units around it, deals dmg
2) Dry ice - slows all enemies by 70% for 5 sec
3) Absolute Null Zone - creates x distance wide region across all lanes near the caster's fence which freezes(stuns) all enemies that enter for 1 sec, and then slows them for 40% while they're in (untill they die or they get to the other side)
4) Frost Shard - freezes the target for 30 sec, can target Magic Crystal(power generator)
5) Ice Age - A simple blizzard.. on a huge scale.. with obstacles... and slow... and massive dmg... - rains exploding ice orbs that create glaciers, block pathing and slow units around for x seconds

Elementalist can appear op, however, it is balanced with time required to build the spellstring for those spells. he deals dmg only with 2 spells while he has to defend from relentless waves of enemy units, so it's not easy, unless you have the skill required ;)

- has melee troops (demons)
- has direct damage spells
- some spells cost life
- once again, 3 types:
- Sacrifice
- Summon
- Shadow

Well many of you can say that I picked this up from WoW warlock, yes, I did few things, but actually, I don't know the wow warlock that well, it's mostly from my head (which is like spunge o.0). He possesses 3 types of spells, 4 circles of each type, so 12 spells in total. He can possess 2 masteries and can hold 1 spell at a time.

1) Taint - Aoe, buff, damages all targets per 0.2 sec and raises their dmg accordingly
2) Collateral damage - deals 4 damage to yourself and your enemy
3) Feed Blood - give all your minions bonus hp, dmg, AS(atk speed)
4) Hellfire - destroys all minions on map and deals *number of destroyed minions* dmg to both heroes

1) Crazy Imp - summon, summons 1 fragile imp in a lane, who explodes on death
2) Succubus - summons a succubus that spams charm(converts enemies)
3) Dark Portal - spawns a portal on the beggining of a lane that spawns units each 3 sec, lasts 1 min
4) End of World's Demon - summons a huge demon with huge hp, pay 5 hp, he deals 5 dmg to enemy if he passes through

1) Contagious Insanity - unit target, get 2 closest units and give bonus MS and AS to those 3
2) Blood Draw - removes 50% of unit's current hp and heal for 2 hp
3) Paranoia - Aoe, causes targets to flee if enemies are near
4) Soul Drain - steals 5 hp from enemy hero, casting time 3 sec, 30s cd

And that's it ! I didn't go through my ideas about arcanist and lich, but I'll post them anyway:

Arcanist's spells would also have 3 categories which would be Time-Space, Aether and Alteration. He has only magic troops(low hp, high magic dmg) and can have 2 spells at a time, he can have 1 mastery. He has 3 types * 3 circles = 9 spells(not decided yet)

ideas:
- a portal that copies enemies that pass through and turn them towards the enemy put on 3 random lanes on the middle
- an Aoe spell that gives magic immunity to allies
- a barrier that blocks off a lane on target point for 10 sec
- a spell that links enemy units that makes 80% of the damage on one to be taken by others linked
- a counterspell that deletes enemy spellstring
- a spell switch that switches spellstrings with the target hero ( it could be multiplayer)

Note that this map actually exists, but is far from beta, there is only kael summoner and the main mechanics of the game work, so it looks like this
226372-albums7103-picture79189.png

Done. Now I would be delighted if you would post me your opinions on this and I need the comments about the originality the most.
How interesting it would be and if it's worth it to develop this map or I can just leave it as it is.

There is map attached with game mechanics/bad terrain, no classes, spells or anything else included.

Attachments

• Crazy Summoner Mage Duel v.1.00.w3x
    517.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Thanks for this, I've checked some maps and it seems that those are quite slow games, and I'm making a fast-paced duel (team vs team later) and the summon spells are similar as they both produce units, but in this map, you are unable to control them and unit system on this map is more like TD, uncontrollable which leaves you time for building up spells which are in case of summon war/super summoner outnumbered by spells in this map. It's more suitable for quick thinking and knowing when to do what ^^
I'll post the map as it is now so people can see the mechanics, the map doesn't have the classes or most spells yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.