• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New starcraft unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Because it makes them more versatile. They already had 2 units that attack air and ground (Hydralisk and Mutalisk), so why can't they have more?
Why do they have to? Versatile units != Versatile race, btw. Varieties of special units = versatile race. If more units have the same type of uniform attack, it would therefore make the race versatile? Oxymoronic, I must say! The Zerg are versatile as is, with their defilers and their queens and their infestation and their kamikazes and their 3 tiers and their larvae and their mutation and their 2 at a time spawn and their lack of a flagship unit and their multi purpose food/true sight/transport overlords and their uberfastlings and their creep and their automatic life regeneration and their et cetera.

Level 13
Hmm i agree, to have a more versatile race one needs more specialized units. The zerg are the MOST specialized race, therefore they are probably the most veratile.

Hey people im WiP-ing a little project of mine

Protoss Temple Knight

Its just an idea but im drawing and trying to animate him
Its like a zelot ,only bigger,yellow armored and armed with a shield and a photon blade

its just in drawing phase,but i see forward..
Sounds like a bigger better zelot, anything special about it?

Level 24
Well its a giant,it has a large shield,hes range and to remind of warcraft,he may activate a defend skill wich puts his shield onwards like a footman,but when hes in Defend hes melee attacker,

His aspect is all yellow with paterns of blue,his blade is long and shiny and his shield is big and intimidating,because of his size and Defend skill he may be treated like a tank

next week im gonna show some drawings
And some possible voice recordings

Level 4
A race with every unit being mediocre at everything would suck...

It'd be like having a race who only had various stages of battlecruisers/marines - sure, battlecruisers own small units, but units with powerful AA attacks shred them with no trouble.

That would kind of suck... but I wasn't planning on having every Zerg unit being able to attack air and ground (I only use one type of unit anyway), I only wanted at least one more unit that could attack air and ground that had attack power at least comparable to the Ultralisk or the Guardian... It could have its own special abilities if it likes as long as it can attack both air and ground

Level 26
That would kind of suck... but I wasn't planning on having every Zerg unit being able to attack air and ground (I only use one type of unit anyway), I only wanted at least one more unit that could attack air and ground that had attack power at least comparable to the Ultralisk or the Guardian... It could have its own special abilities if it likes as long as it can attack both air and ground
That's not how the zerg roll, dude. Something that strong would be rather imba. Their air defenses are meant to be like acid, with the devourer's corrosive acid, the scourges in huge numbers, and the relatively fast attacking hydras.

Level 40
If you want versatile, mass mutas. Decent damage, bouncing attack, hit both ground and air, take relatively low damage from almost any attack, fast, regenerate hp, can morph into specialized units when needed.

Oh, and they own all air when combined with devourers; the acid just kills.

The only unit that does high damage relative to normal to a muta is the ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.