• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New starcraft unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Sorry about no screen shots. I couldn't find a way to get the pictures from their web page. Here's the info

Phoenix

Builds From: Stargate
Armament: Twin Ion Cannons
Role: Air Superiority Fighter

The phoenix is a swift and deadly spacecraft that is rapidly replacing the older scouts and corsairs in the role of fighter for the protoss. Phoenix patrols are a common sight on the outer rim of protoss territory, where they sweep deep space for alien threats. The twin ion blaster armament of a phoenix is highly suited to air-to-air combat and can also be used for strafing light ground targets.

Sophisticated and lethal as the phoenix may be, all too often a patrol squadron will find itself heavily outnumbered by zerg or terran enemies. To overcome this weakness, phoenix pilots have developed a dangerous counter-ploy. A phoenix pilot can unleash a short-lived storm of destruction by overloading its warp field through the ship's ion blasters.

Phoenix vs Warp Rays

The area-effect discharge is devastating and can destroy a large number of enemies at once, but it comes at a price: in the aftermath the phoenix is left temporarily powerless and crippled. Wary foes have learned to flee a phoenix overload and return moments later to destroy the helpless craft. In turn phoenix pilots have begun to use staggered discharges to catch their enemies in a web of destruction.

Phoenix vs Mutalisks

These desperate tactics are frowned upon by protoss commanders, but have become tacitly accepted as a necessity in the desperate times facing the protoss. Through extraordinary dedication and bravery, these daring pilots have done much to even the odds.

Check out the visuals @ http://starcraft2.com/features/protoss/

Level 7
Buuuuut it's sooooo coooooooool!!!11one.

/end pointless spam.

By the way, I LOVE the Tempest design. It looks sooooo bad ass.

Level 24
Lol and what about the
Reaper~ reaper-thumb1[1].jpg
Viking~viking-thumb3[1].jpg
Twilight Archon~twilightarchon-thumb2[1].jpg
Immortal~immortal-thumb1[1].jpg
Colossus~colossus-thumb4[1].jpg
Stalker~stalker-thumb1[1].jpg
Warp Ray~warpray-thumb4[1].jpg

Zergs havent been developed yet
Get the latest info on Starcraft II Developement
http://www.starcraft2.com/

Level 13
Buuuuut it's sooooo coooooooool!!!11one.

/end pointless spam.

By the way, I LOVE the Tempest design. It looks sooooo bad ass.

Well too bad they scrapped the Tempest and are bringing back the Carrier.

But I guess it's good to know that all the scrapped units (Soul Hunter, Tempest) and also SC 1 units that ain't in normal SC 2 are going to be in the Map Editor for SC 2.

Level 13
They didnt scrap the tempest, and if they did i want the credible source who told you that and a link to where you heard it from

The tempest stays, why make a new unit when a perfectly good ones already done? your logic kind of fails.

Edit: im kind of like the thor, why do you and people like you hate it so much ? its a nice unit ! complements the terrans idea of "go big, go loud or go home" sort of thing they have going on with theyre vehicles at the momment (that was my opinion by the way, not a fact).

Since i dont want to start anything between us, can you tell me why you hate the thor so much ? with solid evidence ect to back it up (preety lame and redundant seeing as its me whos asking, and you who's awnsering).

Level 13
They didnt scrap the tempest, and if they did i want the credible source who told you that and a link to where you heard it from

The tempest stays, why make a new unit when a perfectly good ones already done? your logic kind of fails.

Edit: im kind of like the thor, why do you and people like you hate it so much ? its a nice unit ! complements the terrans idea of "go big, go loud or go home" sort of thing they have going on with theyre vehicles at the momment (that was my opinion by the way, not a fact).

Since i dont want to start anything between us, can you tell me why you hate the thor so much ? with solid evidence ect to back it up (preety lame and redundant seeing as its me whos asking, and you who's awnsering).
http://www.sclegacy.com/editorials/sciiproto.php (search for a unit called "Carrier" and read)
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Tempest

Level 13
It reminds me of the Imperial Guard Baneblade (ready to unleash 11 barrels of the emperor's fury).

But hey, some people dont like it, and im cool with that, i just want to hear the other side of the story.

Edit: ah, this is good news (about the tempest) I personaly would indeed like the original carrier more and im happy someone finaly brings the proof to bear. Thanks dude.

Level 26
Actually, it kicks ass. I don't see any reason why it would be "ugly".
The reason it's fugly is rather simple. Too many guns, too big, it's just plain overkill. I want to play terrans for the infantry, the tanks, and the planes, and if i wanted a terran juggernaut, i would have asked "zomg kan i haf teh batlcruser plox?" not "zomg kan i haf teh tor plox?"

The reason it's fugly is rather simple. Too many guns, too big, it's just plain overkill. I want to play terrans for the infantry, the tanks, and the planes, and if i wanted a terran juggernaut, i would have asked "zomg kan i haf teh batlcruser plox?" not "zomg kan i haf teh tor plox?"

That doesn't make it ugly. Just ridiculous overkill that doesn't fit with the rest of the terrans.

Personnally I think it fits nice, after seeing the terran gameplay video. Besides, you can't call such a thing "ugly", giant robots will always be cool, and still, that is one heck of a model.

Level 26
That doesn't make it ugly. Just ridiculous overkill that doesn't fit with the rest of the terrans.
Yes it does. The fugliness sticks like brown on shit.
Personnally I think it fits nice, after seeing the terran gameplay video. Besides, you can't call such a thing "ugly", giant robots will always be cool, and still, that is one heck of a model.
One heck of a fugly model.

Level 26
The Thor is teh best thing that ever happened to the Terrans. Except for the Marines... ghosts... nukes... siege tanks.... and that jazz. Heres what will happen. When SC2 comes out, I will nub you with the "fugly" Thors so you can learn to repsect them.
"Nubbing" me with the Thors will only reinforce the fact that they're overkill.
MySpaceBarBroke needs to play some Mechwarrior.
I've seen a goliath before. I know what a mech is, kthx.
And frankly, I can't see such a thing ruining a game. To me it only makes it better.
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. Nachos are cool, and computers are cool, but if I smother my computer with chips, there's only a 50% chance that it will get cooler. Two good things don't always get fantasticamable results.

Level 13
Hermit, your an idiot, read "The terrans have landed" thread, they have MUCH
more than that done.

EX:
Battlecruiser
Dropship
Siege tank
Thor
Medic
and so on...

Edit: saw the medic in a screen-shot recently looked beautiful seeing them again.

Level 7
ZOMG THOSE RINES HAD BAYONETS MELEE FTW sry i was in shock

but they have showed one new zerg unit in PC Gamer issue 164 (which i bought for the SC coverage)

Nydus Worm!!!!!!

Level 25
they should realy make the nukes a hell alot stronger. they only do 500 dmge!! well anyways carrier rush hopefuly will be stopped and thor rushes will begin!!

Nukes do 500 damage or half HP damage, which ever is larger. Considering that that limit comes at 1000 hp, I'll go ahead and say that's pretty damn powerful, considering that if something has 2000 HP, it'll take off 1000 HP in a single hit

Also, you cannot rush Carriers or Thors. You can rush Marines, Zerglings, Zealots or, hell, SCVs, but you cannot rush high tier things. You can only mass them

You can mass them all you like, but I'm just going to bombard them with Guardians, if they're still in. Thors are weak against air, and Guardians are pretty much the best ground-attacking air unit in the game, doing about 20 damage a hit. Otherwise, I'll just drop lurkers on your worker line and watch as your Thors sloooooooowly try to get back to your base before it's torn to shreds by my favorite unit. Oh, and your other bases will have mutalisks attacking your worker lines

That doesn't work? Then nuts to that, ZERGLING RUSH KEKEKEKEKE

Sides, mass Carriers are lolz if you just chuck down a Plague and Dark Swarm

Level 26
Infested Terrans SHOULD be coming back, i suppose with new features. In starcraft ghost, they could use an infested gauss rifle as well as a nice set of claws, i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.