• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Problem, more complicated :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey again. Hopefully Kaitech[SanD] or anyone can point me in the right direction with this one. Im making a game right now for a class and im trying to implement a 'shotgun' spell. It seems tricky because it needs to be a cone attack rather than aoe. Ive been using a copy of Breath of Fire so far. Ive got it to fire and do damage, but what i really want to be able to do is have it cause knockback. Any ideas how you can get a list of all the enemies hit by a cone attack(GUI trigger or JASS)? Also is their any easy way to fire a buch of bullet projectiles in a cone shape, im using fan of knives right now cause its the closest I could find.

Level 4
Do you need this to be MUI? If you don't you could just use breath of Frost with missile speed 999999 and no missile anim, then 0.1 seconds later check what units have the buff.

Level 19
-.- can be done with GUI easily because shotgun here will leave a buff on unit because of breath of fire
you can move the buffed units to their back every 0.035 seconds

Level 11
You forgot to mention how badly it'll leak if your not very careful while making it in GUI. Also its nearly impossible in gui to make it MUI. This is because when you pick the units with the buff, you need to know who gave them that buff. Its easy in JASS, but I can't think how to do it in GUI.

Level 19
well you can do something for that (its just knockback it wont damage over ~knocking back~ xD)

Level 2
Im trying to figure out how to check what units have a buff on them. Can you point me to the right conditions/events?

Level 11
Boolean condition. Unit has buff. I'm pretty sure its the last boolean function that has Unit in it. (a bit farther down the last then you'd think)

Status
Not open for further replies.