• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with removing dummy unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello everyone
i got a problem on creating spell ive created a mui spell called Cone of cold (like wow`s one) based on (breath of frost)
but the problem is the dummy unit will not remove from game ive done many things to remove by triggers but not working and also i tried to pick units in Coc_Group (the dummy group)then remove it but its not working too :vw_wtf:
any idea to remove the dummy units like that?
here is the end part of trigger
  • Else - Actions
    • -------- Remove Track --------
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Spells_CoC_Group and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
    • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Picked unit)) in Hash
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spells_CoC_Point1)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spells_CoC_Point2)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Spells_CoC_Group)
    • Trigger - Turn off Cone of Cold Loop <gen>

Last edited:
Level 4
guys can someone help me?
i changed my idea ,i decided to change the base spell to something that wont need target ,i mean just like thunderclap but there is some problem with thunderclap first of its waving the ground like hell i dont need earthquake!, it will wave even if i remove the data and effect also i removed the effect area it wont wave and it wont add buff to units too what should i do someone help me? which spell do you suggest for cone of cold?

Level 33
Not unless you change each of the spell to have a different Data - Base Order ID in the Object Editor, it would not collide.
You can use any Order ID as you like, even if the target-type is Instant, you can still use 'charm' (a Target-unit type spell) as its Order ID, it would not bug.
This will prevent from Channels base ability colliding Order ID from one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.