• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Patch Bans If You Copy Paste--Manual Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hello, I was banned last week from logging onto Bnet. I sent e-mails to the blizzard contact e-mail, but no response, so I will try here.

In the past, I was able to keep installing/reinstalling my game, by copy and pasting a 1.28 folder to a computer at a net cafe, doing editing for WE on that copy pasted version, and then manually updating through clicking the Bnet button and then testing my map with a friend.

Since last week, I have been banned when I try to log on after manually updating (hint: It still allows me to update, just prevents me from logging on username/password part.

upload_2018-12-21_19-5-55.png

I mean, is there anyway to get around this? It won't even tell me if this is a permanent ban, and how to appeal it.

The only other thing that I noticed since last week when it first happened (and every time I have copy pasted since) is that when I manually update from 1.28, when the launched pops up, it cannot accept the place where it was always installed in the past, and keeps asking for another place to install. I got around this by exiting the launcher, then going back and clicking the Bnet button, and manually updating again, but when I do it the second time, it blacks out the part where it required the place to install, and only required me to click to agree to the terms of conditions.

That might be confusing, but essentially what it means is previously it would install in default location the launched detects, and then would require me to type in my CD keys upon it reaching 100%. Since last week (when I was first banned) and ever since then, when I re-manually update to avoid the bug of it not starting due to not finding a location to install, it never asks me for my CD keys upon reaching 100%, since it has seemingly auto attached itself to the 1.28 folder that I copy and paste from my thumb drive at the start.

Really hoping there is a way to be unbanned, but more importantly to fix the system that is banning me in the first place, since even if I am unbanned, I would in theory be automatically banned as soon as I do my normal routine.

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-21_19-5-38.png
    upload_2018-12-21_19-5-38.png
    868.9 KB · Views: 79
Level 20
In the past, I was able to keep installing/reinstalling my game, by copy and pasting a 1.28 folder to a computer at a net cafe, doing editing for WE on that copy pasted version, and then manually updating through clicking the Bnet button and then testing my map with a friend.
That's almost certainly how you got your CD key banned.

Doubly so since that version of War3 leaves your CD Key in PLAIN TEXT in the War3 folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.