1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

New Patch Bans If You Copy Paste--Manual Update

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by tulee, Dec 21, 2018.

1. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, I was banned last week from logging onto Bnet. I sent e-mails to the blizzard contact e-mail, but no response, so I will try here.

In the past, I was able to keep installing/reinstalling my game, by copy and pasting a 1.28 folder to a computer at a net cafe, doing editing for WE on that copy pasted version, and then manually updating through clicking the Bnet button and then testing my map with a friend.

Since last week, I have been banned when I try to log on after manually updating (hint: It still allows me to update, just prevents me from logging on username/password part.

Hidden

upload_2018-12-21_19-5-55.png

I mean, is there anyway to get around this? It won't even tell me if this is a permanent ban, and how to appeal it.

The only other thing that I noticed since last week when it first happened (and every time I have copy pasted since) is that when I manually update from 1.28, when the launched pops up, it cannot accept the place where it was always installed in the past, and keeps asking for another place to install. I got around this by exiting the launcher, then going back and clicking the Bnet button, and manually updating again, but when I do it the second time, it blacks out the part where it required the place to install, and only required me to click to agree to the terms of conditions.

That might be confusing, but essentially what it means is previously it would install in default location the launched detects, and then would require me to type in my CD keys upon it reaching 100%. Since last week (when I was first banned) and ever since then, when I re-manually update to avoid the bug of it not starting due to not finding a location to install, it never asks me for my CD keys upon reaching 100%, since it has seemingly auto attached itself to the 1.28 folder that I copy and paste from my thumb drive at the start.

Really hoping there is a way to be unbanned, but more importantly to fix the system that is banning me in the first place, since even if I am unbanned, I would in theory be automatically banned as soon as I do my normal routine.

Attached Files:

2. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's almost certainly how you got your CD key banned.

Doubly so since that version of War3 leaves your CD Key in PLAIN TEXT in the War3 folder.

3. Shamsiddinova Ozoda

Shamsiddinova Ozoda

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi my cd key banned

Please help

WC3ScrnShot_011819_174437_01.png

My nick: NigoraShokirQiz
    Password: Abdullayeva

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Weird, you have a Slavic username (which seems to be like a full one) but show a picture with Chinese characters, then you write your alleged Battle.net account name and password...

5. Shamsiddinova Ozoda

Shamsiddinova Ozoda

Resources:
    Resources:
    you joined my account?

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. I did not try it and will not.