1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New mode - Vote and discuss!

Discussion in 'Elimination' started by GaDDeN, Nov 28, 2004.

?

What mode would you want to see in Elimination?

1. Zombies

99.5%
  2. Rabbit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Deathmatch

0.5%
  1. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm duel would take a few sec, as the shot is instant ATM. And i think that answers your second question too :)

Answer: The normal attack instantly hits the area you aim. Therefor you cannot destroy bullets, as they are never really in the air. This might be changed later to a unit moving toward the enemy at high speed, which can be blocked, destroyed or dodged. Only the laser rifle is launched as a beam.

Hmm about prison, im trying to keep the game PVP and have as little AI in it as possible.

Could be a interesting type of deathmatch, instead of the "normal" run around and kill eachother mode!

As i have fixed collision now, i could also make buildings that you can enter... But it will not be included in the beta as im trying to release a normal version with only deathmatch first!

2. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    With the car bombs, there are supposed to be cars running in the streets. Just give them air pathing and restrict the sidewalks. They will be able to run you over, but if you plant a bomb on them, they run around for like 20 seconds, turn around a block onto an enemy, either run them over, or blow up in their face :twisted:

3. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool :)

Maybe i could make different parts of the map in different terrain, and then teleport the players to one of the areas depending on which mode they have chosen!

4. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Then, black out the minimap with a black image and then, lastly, set camera bounds.

5. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah... Btw it was dankiz who first came up with that idea, just so you know...

6. DankiZ

DankiZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh.. now i feel proud... being a moderator AND getting a nice word out of GaDDeN.

7. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heey now whats THAT supposed to mean? 8)

Btw, heres a list of new stuff:
    * 100% new way of attacking = You now have to aim a modified carrion swarm to hit the enemy. This carrion swarm has a very low splash and looks like a high speed bullet.

* Equipping different weapons + Dual wielding = You can now buy differtent kinds of weapons and then equip them to change your carrion swarm in different ways. Some weapons (like the sniper) has very long range, but also a long reload. Other weapons (like the shotgun) have short range but a quicker reload and higher splash. You can also equip some weapons twice to dual wield them, for example the pistol.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Nice idea with the carion swarm!!

Will there be body armor (like 33 magic reduct)?

9. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There will be armor items, yes. But these only increase HP.

You start of with 10 hp, and the normal pistol deals about 7 damage. Getting a bonus of 5 HP means you need an additional pistol shot to get killed!

The different weapons deal different damage, and sometimes having armor wont matter because the enemies weapon is so strong that it kills you in one hit!

10. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So these are lik energy bolts? Then make like when they attack, they fire a carrion swarm at the cost of mana, whic replenishes. Otherwise use NOTD ammo system

11. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dun really understand what you mean... i allready said i use carrion swarms ^^

And the mana is used for skills, i dont want the normal attack to drain it.

I havent played NOTD, but ill take a look some time :)

12. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, Dankiz totally screwed the project thoroughly by adding a futuristic theme...

13. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    U dont like the futuristic theme?

Btw, it wasnt Dankiz who came up with the idea of futuristic... I did ^^

And when i told him about the futuristic idea, he said he could to a space station tileset

Btw, im adding a thread about a new test, check it out!

14. DankiZ

DankiZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah right, the idea wasn't mine, so don't you dare blame me again :wink:.

Btw, there will probaly be other themes as well, but the spacastaion is the only one avalible right now.

15. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    But... what do you moderate anyway?

I recommend you switch back to a forest theme, because it's a lot more fun that way, and reduces needed skins. You can do that, or use a ravaged city, which I can terrain on request. PLEASE!!! switch back to the old system, and I will help you do a couple little things to make it awesome and more like CS. I just got it and know how I can twist the engine to make it work better.

16. SnaKy

SnaKy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think forest theme will be good too...(maybe)
    But i don't permit with "old system".

And yea, in Elimination was added more weapons.

17. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Eusira did u ever play that old version? ^^

trust me, if you did... you wouldnt want to revert back to it :D

Dankiz isnt here to moderate, hes just here to have his name in grey text... Just alittle way of giving him credit for the skins :D

Join the test tomorrow at 21.00 CET (GMT+1) Time and you will see what the new Elimination is like!

18. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'll pass, sorry

19. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK =(

Test finished now :)

I dunno bout you others in the test, but i had a great time playing! (Maybe cuz i won 8))

20. Voi

Voi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont know if it has already been posted but what about a "like-resident-evil" mode with different waves of units attacking and you are supposed to be in a team. The units should grow stronger each level. Game is over when all are dead or when they have defeated all (about 10) levels.