• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New mode - Vote and discuss!

What mode would you want to see in Elimination?

• Total voters
Level 5
I have decided to change the gamemode for Elimination. This whole plating bomb thing didnt really work out, it was too hard to understand etc.

---------------------------------------------------
Zombies - One player is randomly chosen to be a zombie on start. All other players have very limited weaponry and needs 2-3 shots to kill a zombie. The zombie is very strong and can kill the players with only 1 shot, and also have heavy weaponry such as mortars, rocket launchers, snipers etc. When a zombie kills a normal player, the player turns into a zombie. And, of course, the player who survives longest wins the round!

Rabbit - One player is randomly chosen to be the "rabbit" on start. Every sec, this player is given one point for being the rabbit. All other players will turn hostile to the rabbit. If a player kills the rabbit, the killer will become rabbit instead. After a time (5 min mabye) the player with highest "rabbit-points" wins the game!

Deathmatch - I guess you all know what this is! All players simply spawn on random locations on the map and fight eachother. First to an amount of kills win the game!
-----------------------------------------------------

I am also thinking of remaking the terrain into some sort of spacestation feeling instead, with corridors.

If you have an idea of your own, feel free to post it here. Otherwise, vote for your favourite!

Level 4
me again

hi, its me again.
i kinda got an idea
well, if the CS idea filed, why dont make a Unreal Tournament idea?
i mean, FUTURISTIC SCENARIO, TERRAIn, like, the map could be in a space station
and alike...
u know
damm, i fell sleepy...
good ni... ZZZZzzzzz

Level 2
why dont u make a replicur of the CS map DE_DUST but make it so that people can choose one of 3 game modes:

normal CS which could be rescue the hostages or the bomb

Team death match: we all know what this is

Normal deathmatch:we all know what this is aswell

Level 5
Yes i mentioned making space station terrain to the map in my first post ^^

Im gonna make a custom tileset for this, based on outland (using the abyss as space).

I still dont know which mode it will be in. Probably some kind of zombies/Alien vs Predator mode, where some players are prays running from zombies/predators.

Level 5
I have worked alot on the new mode system since the fucked up test :)

It now works like this:

When you start the map, the host can choose between the different modes using a dialog.

I have finished the deathmatch mode (i even made a cinematic when you win which spins the camera around the winner (freezes him in time the exact moment he kills his last kill) like in unreal tournament :D). So the map is fully playable for deathmatch.

Only one problem... the terrain. Dankiz will skin a new tileset for the map, featuring a spacestation with gaps out in space (like abyss in outland).

I will now start working on a new idea. Im thinking of making special storage areas on the spacestation, which contains alot of grenades, flashbangs, ammo and other usefull items. Fighting your way into these areas lets you fill up your inventory with stuff. This could be instead of having a shop somewhere.

And when deathmatch works perfectly, i will add the "Zombie" mode :D

Level 5
*Fixed the double posts*

If you guys have any suggestions for new modes, feel free to post them here. Im planning on adding more modes in each version.

The only problem is WoW getting released here in europe in just a week (the beta) so i will work ALOT less and play alot more WoW.

Level 12
King of the hill- one person protects a cirtian usually vulnerable location

Capture the Flag- Capture opposite teams flag

Onslaught- Protect yourself and allies from the onslaught of enemies

Raid- Raid the enemies base (An appropiate AI is necessary for this, especially one with patrols and effective defensive gameplay

Level 5
Thanks alot :)

Hmm you could switch raid for infiltration, where one team is trying to infiltrate the other team's base and get something.

King of the hill also sounds fun :)

But in the BETA version, im gonna try not to insert teammodes. But i save all ideas i get here in a text document :)

Level 3
Maybe Oddball mode
where you have a ball and the player who has it longest time win, and the player that has the ball shall could being see by the other players on the minimap or just market market.

Instead of Deathmatch should it be Team Deathmatch

Level 9
And alot like Halo....
Anywas, heres an idea: Krazy- All players are invisible unless they attack, there are all the veichles (if you put some in) and each player has 1 anti magic sheild, and who has the most kills at the end of the game wins.

Level 12
Escape: group A escapes from a fortress which is protected by group B.

This will be especially increase skills such as sniping techniques, hiding and runing and strategic teamwork gameplay. While everything else is about killing the other team before they kill you

Level 5
Now thats a VERY interesting idea! If i dont get too busy playing WoW, ill probably add that as the second mode after deathmatch :D

edit: Im trying to avoid playing the game in rounds, so maybe if team A got one point for each time they got to the other side of the spacestation? The team could either move together as a group, or split up and hope that at least a few gets through!

Level 9
Ok, Instead of Invisible, make it so there tranluslent (sp?(ie= see-through, but not invisible)). This could be a Expert Mode or something, but it could be that you use items for the see-through effect.....

Level 12
Duel- Wait 5 sec and shoot, Techniques: Hide counter & shoot first worry later

Question: will the Laser Beam be able to destroy or absorb bullets that it collides with?

Prison- Everyone is trying to get to the gold however the fotress protecting the gold is heavily protected you can either use numbers to rush the base then take it last minute or kill everyone so that you may take it for yourself

Level 16
Rampage--Enter a burning city and slay as many civilians as possible. Destroy things like vans or buildings to uncover items like Car Bombs, (hook onto a car, and slowly kill and explode it) C4 Charges (timed satchels), and other weapons, and kill other players for ammunition. You respawn with full ammunition, and after a certain time, you will count kills and win

Level 5
Formula1 said:
Duel- Wait 5 sec and shoot, Techniques: Hide counter & shoot first worry later

Question: will the Laser Beam be able to destroy or absorb bullets that it collides with?

Prison- Everyone is trying to get to the gold however the fotress protecting the gold is heavily protected you can either use numbers to rush the base then take it last minute or kill everyone so that you may take it for yourself

Hmm duel would take a few sec, as the shot is instant ATM. And i think that answers your second question too :)

Answer: The normal attack instantly hits the area you aim. Therefor you cannot destroy bullets, as they are never really in the air. This might be changed later to a unit moving toward the enemy at high speed, which can be blocked, destroyed or dodged. Only the laser rifle is launched as a beam.

Hmm about prison, im trying to keep the game PVP and have as little AI in it as possible.

Eusira said:
Rampage--Enter a burning city and slay as many civilians as possible. Destroy things like vans or buildings to uncover items like Car Bombs, (hook onto a car, and slowly kill and explode it) C4 Charges (timed satchels), and other weapons, and kill other players for ammunition. You respawn with full ammunition, and after a certain time, you will count kills and win

Could be a interesting type of deathmatch, instead of the "normal" run around and kill eachother mode!

As i have fixed collision now, i could also make buildings that you can enter... But it will not be included in the beta as im trying to release a normal version with only deathmatch first!

Level 16
With the car bombs, there are supposed to be cars running in the streets. Just give them air pathing and restrict the sidewalks. They will be able to run you over, but if you plant a bomb on them, they run around for like 20 seconds, turn around a block onto an enemy, either run them over, or blow up in their face :twisted:

Level 5
Heey now whats THAT supposed to mean? 8)

Btw, heres a list of new stuff:
* 100% new way of attacking = You now have to aim a modified carrion swarm to hit the enemy. This carrion swarm has a very low splash and looks like a high speed bullet.

* Equipping different weapons + Dual wielding = You can now buy differtent kinds of weapons and then equip them to change your carrion swarm in different ways. Some weapons (like the sniper) has very long range, but also a long reload. Other weapons (like the shotgun) have short range but a quicker reload and higher splash. You can also equip some weapons twice to dual wield them, for example the pistol.

Level 5
There will be armor items, yes. But these only increase HP.

You start of with 10 hp, and the normal pistol deals about 7 damage. Getting a bonus of 5 HP means you need an additional pistol shot to get killed!

The different weapons deal different damage, and sometimes having armor wont matter because the enemies weapon is so strong that it kills you in one hit!

Level 5
I dun really understand what you mean... i allready said i use carrion swarms ^^

And the mana is used for skills, i dont want the normal attack to drain it.

I havent played NOTD, but ill take a look some time :)

Level 5
U dont like the futuristic theme?

Btw, it wasnt Dankiz who came up with the idea of futuristic... I did ^^

And when i told him about the futuristic idea, he said he could to a space station tileset

Btw, im adding a thread about a new test, check it out!

Level 2
Yeah right, the idea wasn't mine, so don't you dare blame me again :wink:.

Btw, there will probaly be other themes as well, but the spacastaion is the only one avalible right now.

Level 16
But... what do you moderate anyway?

I recommend you switch back to a forest theme, because it's a lot more fun that way, and reduces needed skins. You can do that, or use a ravaged city, which I can terrain on request. PLEASE!!! switch back to the old system, and I will help you do a couple little things to make it awesome and more like CS. I just got it and know how I can twist the engine to make it work better.

Level 5
Eusira did u ever play that old version? ^^

trust me, if you did... you wouldnt want to revert back to it :D

Dankiz isnt here to moderate, hes just here to have his name in grey text... Just alittle way of giving him credit for the skins :D

Join the test tomorrow at 21.00 CET (GMT+1) Time and you will see what the new Elimination is like!

Voi

Voi

Level 3
I dont know if it has already been posted but what about a "like-resident-evil" mode with different waves of units attacking and you are supposed to be in a team. The units should grow stronger each level. Game is over when all are dead or when they have defeated all (about 10) levels.

Level 5
Haha yeah now thats a cool idea :D

Will probably be added in the next release, not in the 2.0 though due to lack of time. Im gonna play WoW alot when its released, so im trying to get this version out before.