• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New map: Sonic Crackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay, I definitely know what's missing: A description!

You can choose over 10 characters from all stories of Sonic. Some characters needs unlocking. Once you choose your character you and other two players must work cooperatively to pass each level using their own special skills. There are also hidden bonus levels where you can get Chaos Emeralds. Here are the rules for Chaos Control:

1.One player has all of them = he can go hyper, others only super
2.Each player differs with number of Chaos Emeralds = all of players go super

TO CAUSE CHAOS CONTROL YOU MUST HAVE ATLEAST 10 RINGS!!! (Rings are hard to find)WHEN THE CHAOS CONTROL ENDS THE ONE WHO CAUSED IT IS PARALYSED FOR 1 MINUTE!!!

There will also be Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik to spoil your plans with his Doomsday Machine at the end. In this Beta Version will be only 4 levels with 1 act until I figure out how to divide an epic map to 8 equal pieces. There will also be a Time Limit of 5 minutes.

IF YOU NEED TO FIND OUT SOMETHING ELSE, PM ME FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!

Level 25
Sonic Crackers was a test rom to show off the ring system from Knuckles Chaotix and has simular sprites to Sonic 2 if I remember correctly, been some time since I last played that game. Many Sonic Crackers remnants, such as Tails and Sonic's colours still exist in Chaotix, and Mighty from Chaotix is actually just an edited Sonic, as is obviously shown by that Sonic Arcade game with Sonic, Mighty and Ray (A flying squirril who never once appeared ever again)

And don't put many characters. Stick with the classics and the cool ones. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, Metal Sonic and maybe Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper. He was awesome. And possibly Mecha Sonic as well, though Metal has a personality and Mecha doesn't. And perhaps Amy, though she doesn't do much

Level 6
Yeah, good idea! :) However, I do need some help for finishing the stages(Badniks, traps, etc.), creating models(I've done a Sonic model, but I don't know to animate so it stays a spikey murloc as Sonic for now) and skinning. Four main zones will be Emerald Beach, Dusty Desert, Snowy Hill and Techno City. That's for now. The Final Zone will be played in the Warp Room(The place where you choose level).

EDIT: The already unlocked characters will be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow.

Level 6
intresting idea, anyway why u wont put mystical ruins too?? and station square

as for characters, i think sonic knuckles tails and ammy, then u can unlock shadow, super sonic, chaos? metal sonic, this guy that worked with aligator :p rogue

and enemies, chaos(if u wont put him as playable character) robotnik shadow(same as chaos) etc.

do u got msn?? if yes write to me ([email protected]) btw. there were spell called "sonic speed" here on wc3sear.ch so you could use it

Level 5
Interesting. Hope you find someone that knows how to animate since I'd also be interested in that Sonic model you're making. :) Good luck with your project. You're not the only one who's making a Sonic themed map. (I just updated mine today if you want to play it and possibly get some ideas from it.)

Level 4
Seem to me this map will be like DBZ. All these character, in teams, collect gem. Oh well good luck and i can help with the trigger. (Only GUI trigger, can't do jass yet)

Level 7
people should really work on more descriptive requests for proposals... i mean, i understand nothing about the map except ur heros, and u collect things and kill stuff and theres levels... and something about chaos emeralds

i mean ya i've played sonic games but theres a lot more description involved in translating an intense-speed 2d platformer to a 3d overhead game

Level 6
Erm, this is for all that didn't understood what's this map about:
-Choose your character
-Select zone
-pass obstacles with help of other players
-beat Eggman
-return to Warp Room
-and choose level again
-get 5 rings
-hit checkpoint
-warp to bonus level
-get chaos emerald
-get all 7
-morph and be invincible

THERE, YOU SATISFIED?!

Level 6
Okay, the first thing on agenda is Snowy Hill Zone. I need some help with the designs for the zone as the begining will be cool! All players fall from the sky spindashing into the passage to the inside of the hill and gates are destroyed when you approach them spindashing(gates are at the entrance). Okay, now I made a sketch of the hill's inside but it needs work.

Second thing on agenda is spindash; I need to find a way to change the unit's pitch angle by triggers. We should consult together(does anybody have BORGChat so we could consult at the same time?)

Next is Techno City Zone. I need alot of textures and techno models for this.

This all needs to be done within next month. I don't have that much time to hang on my computer. Thanks.

P.S: Complete list of characters

-Sonic
-Tails
-Knuckles
-Shadow
-Amy
-Cream
-Rogue
-Espio
-Vector
-Charmy
-Mighty