• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Map Rules--Implemented!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Oh, yay. I guess this is to stem the flow of shitty maps? The only rule that might be a little "iffy" is the one on originality. While I don't like to see a thousand footmen frenzy clones, it's truly hard at this point to have a map that's completely original. To an extent, the map doesn't have to be "distinctly different" so much as different enough and varied that people will play it. After all, who's going to play/download a map that's only had its model/graphics changed and the objects renamed?

Level 40
Oh, yay. I guess this is to stem the flow of shitty maps? The only rule that might be a little "iffy" is the one on originality. While I don't like to see a thousand footmen frenzy clones, it's truly hard at this point to have a map that's completely original. To an extent, the map doesn't have to be "distinctly different" so much as different enough and varied that people will play it. After all, who's going to play/download a map that's only had its model/graphics changed and the objects renamed?
Exactly.

I did't see any fine print that represent that.
Rules said:
Original Work
All maps must be significantly worked on, if not entirely created, by their submitter.​

Status
Not open for further replies.