• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Class ? what would you pick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi with WoW being probably the fastest growing rpg I wonder if they will ever make another class :?: what would you pick and why :?:

:arrow: PS: sry if this has already been posted

Level 4
My opinion...well...they could try to do hero classes or something along those lines. Like when you reach a certain level with lets say your paladin, you can either choose to become a Death Knight or stick to being a Holy Paladin. The problem with implementing new classes is that usually those classes are more powerful than the other classes. EQ is a perfect example. If blizzard can implement new classes correctly then well there won't be too much of a problem.

Level 25
Hero classes will probably be more defined parts of a certain class. Going from a normal hunter into a Beastmaster, a Ranger or a Trapper, and simular

Anywho, I want Runemasters as a new class

Oh, and they already have a barbarian of sorts. Its called the warrrior -_-

Level 1
New class

thx for the response but in starcraft they had templars that used magic and like medival time they were knights (I think) so it sorta seems like a shamy but i like the idea of split class but what would happen if youre a hunter and choose beast master would you loose all your traps?

Level 9
Lol your idea of necromancer is rigged, i think there should be an extra class for each and only 1 race.

Human: War master, a fighter/caster class who is full of buffs can take quite some damage but not exactly the best at dealing damage.

Dwarves: Mountain lord, a tank class, has high armour very low MP pretty strong abilities but not very high attack.

Gnome: Gadgeteer, A nerfing class, most of the abilities are based on weakening enemies also has lower move speed then other classes.

Night elf: Jailer, a full on fighter doesnt realy have as usefull spells as most others, also has increased move speed.

Orc: Beast of Nature, normally it would be the weakest class but is simelar to a druid with transformations but only has transformation abilities.

Troll: Javelineer, a ranged attacker also a surviver who has slower attack speed then all other classess but has increased movespeed and slightly stronger abilities.

Tauren: Totem carrier, an basicly a hero with a variaty of spells that have some way of connecting to totems and also has the unique ability of being the only class who can use totems as a ranged wepon.

Undead: Deaths slave, a unique hero that is slow in attack speed normal in movespeed pretty weak damage but like the paladin it does a quest to get mount, this classes mount is an undead donkey, a bit weaker then most classess appart from beast of nature, once it gets its mount (alot earlier then all other classes) it has alot of damage dealing spells but like the rogue the MP never goes up.

Level 25
All of your class ideas are... Bad. Movement and attacking speeds aren't based off class, they're based off weaponry, gear and buffs. And your human one is basically a Paladin, and the rest don't fit into lore at all. How are you going to throw a totem? And WHY would orcs have a druid class?

Anywho, better choices would be

Necromancer: Simular to the warlock, a caster controlling a summon. However, it would summon undead instead, and need to summon them from corpses. Not mass summons though, that'd be too harsh

Runemaster: A self-buffer. Basically gets various tatoos which it has runes on, and uses unarmed or fist weapons. Tauren/Dwarf only of corse

They're the only two classes that need to be added really

Level 9
ok so what if their bad? any way taurens are strong of course they can throw totems XD and its like druid but not nature like lol and i ment for allies not himself for what sounds like a "paladin"

Level 2
I think, that they should make e new class, a class which doesn't fight, which doesn't use spells....I mean, the:

SpElLbReAkErS:

"The Spellbreakers are a high developed class, which are using a lot of training to learn their abilities. Each Spellbreaker has only one aim to reach: to be able to despell all spells! The first Spellbreakers were only good defensiv Warriors in the Army of the High Elves, but later, when Arthas startet the slaughtering at Quel'Thalas, the last Spellbreakers, under Prince Kael'thas leading, were getting stronger and stronger.

Spellbreakers are the perfect class for disrupting spells and in despelling."

RACES:
-> Blood Elves
-> Dranai
-> Gnomes
-> Undead

STRENGTH:
-> In Groups with other classes, they are good dungeon-survivors.
-> In the Battlegrounds, they can buff their own fellows, without having buffers in the group.
-> The Mount is avaible at Lvl.40, but they can get it through a Quest.

WEAKNESS:
-> Very bad Solo-Class.
-> Bad Weapon selection.
-> Weak Armor-Class.

ARMOR:
-> They only can use Cloth-Armor.
-> They can wear Leather-Armor through a Talent.
-> They can wear Shields.

WEAPONS:
-> Only Daggers at the beginning.
-> They can learn Swords (Lvl.5), Staffs (Lvl.5) and Polearms (Lvl.20)

SPELLS:
----> Spell-/Talentclasses:
-> Spellshifting
-> Battlefury
-> Spelldefense

----> Spells @ "Spellshifting"
---> This Spellcategory should have Spells, which are disrupting other spells, or spells which are stealing Spells/Buffs.
-> Manaleeching Weapon (Lvl.1): Enchants the Owner's Weapon, so it can leech witch a chance of 20% Mana from the enemy and give it to the Spellbreaker.
-> Flat Side (Lvl.6): Bashes the Target with the flat side of the Weapon for 2 Damage and includes Spell interrupting for 8 secs.
-> Steal Buffs (Lvl.10): Allows the Spellbreaker to steal a positive Buff from the enemy and give it to a friend, or stelas a debuff from a freind ad gives it to the enemy. Works only to Mobs with Lvl.5 or lower.
-> Silence (Lvl.30):All enemies in a specific Region can't cast spells for 8 seconds.
-> Steal Spells (Lvl.30): Allows the Spellbreaker to steal a spell, which needs a casting Time (e.g. Frostbolt), and create from it an casting-Item, that on use, will cast the spell. (like Healthstone, but for spells) "Steal Spells" needs to steal the spell as long as the stolen spell will need to cast it. This works also for channeled Spells.
-> Buff slaughtering (Lvl.42): The Spellbreaker summons a Obsidian-Ghost who eats all Buffs and Debuffs in a specific area.
-> Spell Slaughtering (Lvl.62): The Spellbreaker summons a Obsidian-Ghost wo eats all casting/channeling Spells in a specific area.
-> Arcane Transmutation (Lvl.70): The Spellbreaker offers himself, so that in a specific area all channeled spells, casting spells, Buffs and Debuffs will be destroyed, also thee will be a Silence casted for all Units in the Area for over 12 seconds. From the Corpse of the Spellbreaker, will revive a Obsidian-Destroyer who supports the friends of the Spellbreaker. The Spellbreaker will control this Destroyer.
These spells are only some examples to this Spellclass

----> Spells @ "Battlefury"
---> This Spellcategory shoul ave Spells collected which are used in a Battle of the Spellbreaker
-> Slice and Dice (Lvl.1): The Spellbreaker will attack 15% faster than normal for 5 seconds.
-> Whirlwind-Attack (Lvl.12): The Spellbreaker will create a small Bladestorm which attacks all nearby enemies with 50 damage per second. Lasts 3 seconds.
-> Last Wish (Lvl.34): The Spellbreaker offers alls his Mana to cast this Spell, this Spell deals damage as high as the doubled number of the offered Mana.
-> Burst Mana (Lvl.34): The Damage of this Spell will be doubled as high as the lost Mana of the Spellbreaker is. (e.g. 3000/3000 Mana = 0 Damage; 2000/3000 Mana = 1000x2 Damage)

----> Spells @ "Spelldefense"
---> This Spellcategory should have Spells which are defending the Spellbreaker from taken damage.
-> Concentration (Lvl.4): The Spellbreaker deals for 10 seconds the half damage, buts takes also the half damage.
-> Manashield of Physical Damage (Lvl.18): The Spellbreaker can cast a Shield on someone that absobs taken Physical Damage of cost of the Spellbreakers Mana.
-> Manashield of Fire Magic (Lvl.20): The Spellbreaker can cast a Shield on someone that absorbs taken Fire Damage of cost of the Spellbreakers Mana.
-> Manashield of Shadow Magic (Lvl.22): Same as the other Shields, but for Shadow Magic
-> Manashield of Arcane Magic (Lvl.24): Same as the other Shiels, but for Arcane Magic
-> Manashield of Nature Magic (Lvl.26): Same as the other shields, but for Nature Magic
-> Manashield of Frost Magic (Lvl.30): Same as the other shields, but for Frost Magic
-> Manashield of Primary Damage (Lvl.40): The Spellbreaker can cast a shield on someone, that absorbs all taken damage of all types of cost of the Spellbreakers Mana.

That were the Spells...these all spells are only some, and examples. I hope I've balanced them enough. :?

TALENTS:
I think the Talents should have something which makes the Mana higher, or takes the costs of spells down. The Talent, in which you can leanr to wear Leather armor is under "Battlefury" and is a lv. 20 Talent, which requires no other Talent to reach it. Also should Spellbreakr learn to take Weapons dual. So then you can be a Spellbreaker who is most Solo (Battlefury/Spelldefense skilled) or a Spellbreaker who is skilled on Groups (Spellshifting/Spelldefense).

Thats my idea, I hope you like it.

Level 25
SeaGull1723 said:
Mecheon would be in tears to realize how far away hero classes are on Blizzard's minds.

Nah, I know they haven't given them a second thought after one day just saying "HEY, LETS MAKE HERO CLASSES!" and then getting "k" from everyone, then nothing being done about them

I assume this topic is talking about new base classes

And Wrath... Spellbreakers wear Plate armour. And a class which "doesn't fight" would be nigh useless, and nigh impossible to level up solo. And they don't wield daggers, they wield swords. And you can learn swords from anytime from level 1 upwards

Oh, and they'll have Spellbreakers ingame soon: Blood Elf Paladins. They just all decided to steal spells from a very damn unlucky Naruu

I still want Runemasters though. They are easily the best monk interpretation I've ever seen in existance, and they wear no armour, just cloth, but they get their runes to do stuff with

Status
Not open for further replies.