• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

New Astrum 2.4Ghz Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there !

I bought a brand new Astrum Wireless 2.4GHz set(Keyboard and Mouse) and well, working on my couch in the living room provides me with comfort, but for some reason the mouse keeps on disconnecting, I was thinking of considering the reflectivity of the surface(Shiny Black Leather) that could disconnect it, but that would be stupid right ?

Just want to know user input before I go hit the supplier with a keyboard over the head, lol. :p (Not a violent person, just my way of asking nicely.)

So, any idea as to what can cause the constant disconnection ? Replacing batteries with brand new ones didn't help either. Nor connecting Wireless Dongle to another USB 2.0 Port.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I was thinking of considering the reflectivity of the surface(Shiny Black Leather) that could disconnect it, but that would be stupid right ?
Unless its using light to communicate with the computer, then this is impossible.

It can be as simple as driver problems or interfearence from other devices. Bad drivers can have bugs like randomly disconnecting or crashing the system etc. If something is causing interfearence with the wirless mouse it is very well possible it will disconnect everytime the interference occurs (perodic, random etc depending on the source).

Level 2
Ahh thanks, but any examples as to what might interfere ? So far the only thing I could pick up as interference is bad weather, but hey, I'm sitting in my living room, :? My dad is using the same set in his room, he experiences no problems at all. Bought it the same day, brand new stock.

EDIT: The keyboard doesn't give any problems either, just the mouse. Maybe faulty mouse could be it, but I'm taking it back tommorow so they can have it checked out for me.

Last edited:
Level 15
Ahh thanks, but any examples as to what might interfere ? So far the only thing I could pick up as interference is bad weather, but hey, I'm sitting in my living room, :? My dad is using the same set in his room, he experiences no problems at all. Bought it the same day, brand new stock.

Microwave, wireless phones, major cable bundles in the wall, something your neighbor is doing, or a cabinet between the receiver and the mouse is somehow a faraday cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.