• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New announced champions:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
As you may or may not know BlizzCon is going on and during the introduction they announced four new champions that are coming our way.

heroes_of_the_storm__tracer_by_pyroshii-d9250pj.png

Tracer seems to be the one who's furthest down the line since we didn't get to see any game-play and she was almost not spoken of at all. And at the panel they said she was so early on in her development phase that they couldn't really any question about her aside from that she is definitely going to come.

Lunara.png

Lunara, first of the Dryads is going to be a new assassin character that focuses on dealing damage to multiple targets. She has a passive that makes her deal damage over time to any recently hit target and this dot passive stacks. Her spells focuses mainly on slowing and dealing more damage to units already hit by her dot. She also has an (E) ability that sends out a whisp for you to explore the bushes so you don't walk into a trap. She has two ults one that focuses around mobility that allows you to leap over the target twice. The second one that focuses around dealing damage and is a long range skill shot with 15 seconds cooldown. Also remember she does not move like other units she has a permanent 20% movement speed bonus but can not mount up. In addition she does not run but bounces which means she bounces a long distance, stands still for a while and then bounces again.

Greymane.jpg

Genn Greymane, monarch of Gilneas. The ability people will probably be most interested in is his (E) ability which is either named "darkflight" or "disengage". When Greymane is a human he uses darkflight to leap at his targets and starts doing melee-damage, when he's a worgen he uses "disengage" to turn into a human and leap awey from the fight. The idea is that in human form he uses his gun to wear down enemies from a far and when he's a worgen he rips through the enemy line with an enormous amount of damage. While human he has a "Q" ability called Gilnean Cocktail which deals little damage to the target it hits but triple the damage to everyone behind that target. When a worgen Gilnean cocktail is switched out for Razor Swipe, this ability makes him leap a short distance at his enemy to do more basic attacks since that is where the majority of his damage will be coming from. His first ult is one that he can use in human form that increases damage taken by the target of the spell by 25%. The second he uses in his worgen form and deals a huge chunk of damage and if it kills the target Greymane can use it again for free within the next 10 second.

Cho_gall.jpg

Cho and Gall two different entities locked in the same body that will be controlled by two separate players. Cho is a brutish fighter while Gall is a spell-caster, Cho controlls the movement and Gall is just swept along whether he likes it or not. Cho's (Q) is a dash ability where charges his fist and is then able to dash forward in the direction he chooses. Cho's (W) is an aoe ability that deals damage to all nearby enemies. Gall on the other hand has "shadow flame" which burns all enemies in a line and "dread orb" a bouncing ball that hits enemies as it goes along. These spells have very short cooldown to allow Gall to remain active even though he can't actually move on his own. Their (E) ability however is where they synchronize as Cho cast a spiked bomb at a location and Gall can use his (E) to detonate it which deals a ton of damage. As for their ultimates, Blizzard didn't really go into details but from the video we were shown it was clear that Cho has one that pulls enemies towards him while Gall has one that shoots out a cluster f--k of shadow bolts. Also whenever Cho'gall is killed it also counts as a double kill. And as one final treat to you, this is Cho'Galls mounted animation.

So who are you most interested about?

My scale goes:
1. Cho'Gall
2. Tracer
3. Lunara
4. Genn Greymane

Level 10
well, I really like the new additions, but also I'm really concerned about the fact that blizzard starts to make content only accessible by non-HotS things (cho'gall --> blizzcon ticket, tracer --> overwatch stuff I'm not interested in, at all....). While I am totally fine with giving early access to heroes like it was with artanis via the preorder of LotV or unlocking additional stuff like mounts etc. (what has no effect on the actual gameplay aka cosmetics) making heroes only playable if you 'buy this or that' is something I hope blizzard won't make a main strategy of their marketing...

as to be on topic, for me I'm most interested in are Lunara and Greymane (not only because I most likey won't ever be able to play Cho'gall or tracer as stated above)

Level 24
well, I really like the new additions, but also I'm really concerned about the fact that blizzard starts to make content only accessible by non-HotS things (cho'gall --> blizzcon ticket, tracer --> overwatch stuff I'm not interested in, at all....).

Incorrect on both accounts, if you play with someone who owns Cho'Gall you instantly acquire them too. And Tracer we have no idea of how she will be obtained but I assume through gold.

While I am totally fine with giving early access to heroes like it was with artanis via the preorder of LotV or unlocking additional stuff like mounts etc. (what has no effect on the actual gameplay aka cosmetics) making heroes only playable if you 'buy this or that' is something I hope blizzard won't make a main strategy of their marketing...

They haven't done that so far I doubt that'll change.

Level 36
The game is called Heroes of the Storm, they're heroes, not champions >.<
- Stop using the League of Legends terms.

Basically, for Cho'Gall, sure people who bought a blizzcon ticket or virtual ticket get him,
but they announced this on the show, they didn't use it to market or sell more tickets.
And as Razosh said, if you play two games with someone who has Cho'Gall, you will
unlock him yourself, without paying gold or real money for him.

And the Tracer thing, I'm pretty sure that will be an early access thing too, even though
they haven't said so.

I'm totally hyped for Genn and Lunara, both seem like my kind of heroes, and although
I like the idea of two players playing the same hero, the sheer ingenuity of making such
a hero, I'm not equally hyped for him. He just doesn't seem like my type of hero.

Level 24
The game is called Heroes of the Storm, they're heroes, not champions >.<
- Stop using the League of Legends terms.

Two words same meaning, besides I thought the LoL term was legends, if they are the champions then who are the legends? Besides if you want to speak about original names just remember that this game was supposed to be called Blizzard DotA. ;)

Basically, for Cho'Gall, sure people who bought a blizzcon ticket or virtual ticket get him,
but they announced this on the show, they didn't use it to market or sell more tickets.
And as Razosh said, if you play two games with someone who has Cho'Gall, you will
unlock him yourself, without paying gold or real money for him.

Yes, I know that I'll get 2,2 k gold for sharing Cho'Gall, it is unclear whether or not other will get that, but basically that is in that case the only difference.

And the Tracer thing, I'm pretty sure that will be an early access thing too, even though
they haven't said so.

Yep, I'm sure you'll be able to buy her for 15 000 gold though. ;)

I'm totally hyped for Genn and Lunara, both seem like my kind of heroes, and although
I like the idea of two players playing the same hero, the sheer ingenuity of making such
a hero, I'm not equally hyped for him. He just doesn't seem like my type of hero.

I hope they'll be great. ^^ As someone who loves Brightwing, Lunara is a must buy for me.

Level 36
Two words same meaning, besides I thought the LoL term was legends, if they are the champions then who are the legends?

Well. Point is, they were called heroes even before any of those games came out,
back in their respective RTS's and Diablo. And no, I'm pretty sure "champ" is the
term they use in League of Legends. And, personally, I don't like it when people
relate the games, I seriously don't like League of Legends.

Besides if you want to speak about original names just remember that this game was supposed to be called Blizzard DotA. ;)

Not at all, the game IP was always Heroes of the Storm. The predecessor, that wasn't
a game, but a mod in Sc2 that was only playable at Blizzcon was called Blizzard DotA.

Yep, I'm sure you'll be able to buy her for 15 000 gold though. ;)

At first, yes, and then she'll drop to 10.000, which isn't that much, and then eventually
you'll be able to buy her normal, like all other heroes, I'm sure.

Level 15
I'm only excited about Lunara and Tracer, for some reason I have a bad feeling about Cho'gall. He could very easily end up like Rexxar or worse, not fun.

well, I really like the new additions, but also I'm really concerned about the fact that blizzard starts to make content only accessible by non-HotS things (cho'gall --> blizzcon ticket, tracer --> overwatch stuff I'm not interested in, at all....). While I am totally fine with giving early access to heroes like it was with artanis via the preorder of LotV or unlocking additional stuff like mounts etc. (what has no effect on the actual gameplay aka cosmetics) making heroes only playable if you 'buy this or that' is something I hope blizzard won't make a main strategy of their marketing...
Yeah it's very annoying from Blizzard, but I waited for Artanis! I don't give a damn about Legacy of the Void and I won't give a damn about all of their other stuff.

Level 25
These characters didn't come to my mind of who is coming. They're unpredictable as I'm expecting LotV characters such as Alarak, Karax or Talandar which should be added as well since they are surely great characters.

Lunara is basically a dryad to either be a representation of Legion or to oppose Aiusha from DotA which is that they are usually doing(Making non existent characters ex. Brightwing/Bringing Stiches who isn't even that nescessary), but who knows? maybe she's an upcoming character in Legion. Her abilities are pretty...odd though but who knows?

Tracer is the first Overwatch to be added, which is cool. I'm expecting more instead of only her. Roadhog as well to complete the Fat Hooker trio(Butcher and Stitches), and Winston baby pet is going to WoW so yeah. *blink**blink*(pun intended)

Greymane is another hero to represent Legion, and he's the one I'm wishing for so long. So far he looks pretty decent, I'm pretty disturbed that he look like a fat Gilnean dude isntead of his cool model coming in Legion, but still I think I'll be buying this guy.

Cho'gall at least is pretty interesting, it may bring up some "Cho'gall chat" whatever but I don't think I could stand playing with people and just stay being an Abathur player because I hate being in a body not being mine, or well what? I don't know.

Still waiting for Alarak though.

EDIT: Tracer looks like a guy XD

Status
Not open for further replies.