• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NetStorm Project - Sun Workshop Model, please critique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm doing a NetStorm map, and I will need like 20 custom models. I am doing them by myself. I have started by the Sun Workshop. For those who doesn't know Activision's NetStorm, the Sun Workshop is a modern styled building, used to research building techniques.
I am uploading the progress I have so far:
attachment.php

It is really difficult to find a good texture to a modern building between such medieval themed textures as the blizzard ones. I am trying to avoid to upload any textures to the model, since I am gonna use a bunch of them I don't want them to be too big in filesize.

Right now I use the following textures:
- To the tiled floor, I use IceCrownDoodads1.blp
- To the large square roofs, and the square dome, I use IceCrownThroneRoom.blp
- And to the big dome, the FrozenThrone.blp
- To the walls and the red carpet, I used random textures with the available colors in them, this made them too single-colored-with-no-texture-at-all-ish.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

EDIT: I know the stairs are missing.

Attachments

• sunwsSS.PNG
    sunwsSS.PNG
    150.2 KB · Views: 440
Status
Not open for further replies.