• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nether Blast v 1.5b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi everyone,

This is the first real spell I ever made.
It should be MUI and quite user-friendly.

I first had this spell idea for a little map and found it quite cool, so I decided to make it MUI and more individual. Since this is my first real spell, the triggering might not be perfect, but if you find something to improve, please tell me. And please tell me why.

The idea was simply to create a stylish-looking jumping around, damaging everything.
This spell is free to use, but I would appreciate, if you gave me credits, when using it.
If you have any suggestions, detect any leaks/bugs or just to tell me it's a good spell (;D), just wirte a PM

Credits go to the almighty paladon for the respawn things and for just being almighty
and of course all hail to palaslayer, who brought me to real mapping (other than just changing model datas ;)), who tought me a lot, and the most important thing: who explained me MUI, and besides, from whom I got this beautiful testmap.

That's all so far
Roflcoptor (R0flc0pt0r in Bnet)

v 1.4: -made the unit near intargetable (maybe some1 has a better solution (thx to Aspard for pointing that out)
-Remove the removelocation, which was senseless (thx to Deuterium for that)
v 1.5: -Replaced the stupid Order unit to stop with a simple pause
-Removed the selection at the end, which was unneccesary
v1.5b: -slightly changed the interval system, making it much more efficient (removed one loop which counted to 100 every 0.01 sec per instance of the spell)

Keywords:
Nether, Arcane, Blast, Jump, Explosion, MUI, Rift
Contents

Nether Blast (by Roflcoptor) v 1.3 (Map)

Reviews
4 November 2015 Bribe: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. 16 Dec 2011 Bribe: This doesn't remove the rect "NB_Area" and therefore leaks... Your destructable picker doesn't filter out bridges. You should...

M

4 November 2015
Bribe: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years.

16 Dec 2011
Bribe: This doesn't remove the rect "NB_Area" and therefore leaks...

Your destructable picker doesn't filter out bridges. You should just have it destroy trees if the users wants that.

You should improve your indexing to something like Hanky's Dynamic Indexing.

Level 24
Review of the Spell: Netherblast v1.3

Idea: 4.5/5
Nice idea, I think it has not been used before. Still not the best.

Triggering: 10/10
MUI, leakless, flawless and as effective as possible. I can find no reasons not to give you 10/10. Nice!

Overall Aspect: 5/5
Very userfriendly and everybody can see that a lot of efforts have been put into this spell.

Visual Effects: 5/5
The visual effects fit well and match the theme. The possibility to change them does the rest: 5/5.

Total: 24.5/25

Level 11
Well, I think, that this will look ugly, if I'm the enemy of the caster and I have a true sight. He will just jump invulnerable around me and that's all. I don't have any suggestions concerning that, but that's what I think should be changed somehow. Otherwise, triggering is outstanding excepting the fact I prefer destroying groups directly instead of using "BJ"_wantsdestroygroup, cause BJ's are not greeted on Hiwe. ^^ Effects can be easily changed, good setting part of the trigger and outstanding documentation on implementation. However, you don't have spell description when you learn it.

After calculating all pluses and minuses, I think, that my own attitude to spell is just 4/5, but not 5/5 as it can be. ;(

Level 11
Palaslayer said:
by the way, what do you mean with your first sentence?
I mean, just imagine, if you are the enemy of that guy, who casts the spell, and you can see invisible units same time. You'll see invulnerable enemy jumping from one point to another.

By the way, can you explain me then, why in every Jass thread, everybody wants creator to get rid of BJ's? Well, I don't know what it is exactly, but why it's okay for GUI and not for Jass?

Level 10
It looks okay and it's mui and I don't care to look for leaks when you all say that it is leakless. I don't think the green matched the white/blue effects and it is basicly some sort of blink strike. Still good I would just change the green effect. 4/5

Level 9
It looks okay and it's mui and I don't care to look for leaks when you all say that it is leakless. I don't think the green matched the white/blue effects and it is basicly some sort of blink strike. Still good I would just change the green effect. 4/5

That's why I made the effects so easily changeable. You can style it as you want, it's just an example, and I personally found it quite stylish with the green things.

A, yeah, sorry then :)
However, I can pick the unit, it spoils the impression anyway.

Ok you're right I'll change this asap

Thanks to all for your constructive critic.

Level 17
Ok I won't be doing one of my "fancy" reviews since I'm not really in the mood to read triggers :p
Anyways, it removes a "null" point variable somewhere once the spell ends, try location that.
About spell idea and creativity, I don't like it personally as it seems like a random omnislash/thunderclap...

But if you say this is your first "real" spell... great job! :D

Level 24
One strange thing I'd like to mention that sometimes the spell bugs however the triggering is completely flawless and I could not see why it does so. Anyway, as long as you stick to the tips Roflcoptor gives in the map like leaving the interval at at least 0.35 seconds and so on and you do not use it with 100 units in 1 second then nothing will bug.

At the moment there is a Spell Section discussion thread in the Site Discussion forum which you might wanna check. The spell can not be approved at the moment but with some luck there will be new moderators and spell rules soon. (the thread is called Spell Mods)

Last edited:
Level 10
And in case of you wonder what Bj's does I read this somewhere:

Bj is a function which calls a function like this example:

A trigger with no Bj is like asking for an apple.
A trigger with Bj's is like asking someone to ask for an apple.

Last edited:
Level 17
Yearight said:
And in case of you wonder what Bj's does I read this somewhere:

Bj is a function which calls a function like this example:

A trigger with no Bj is like asking for an apple.
A trigger with Bj's is like asking someone to ask for an apple.
But not all BJ's are bad, that's why I wanted to check what the remove group BJ does to judge on that...
But in general yes they should be avoided ;)