• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ner'zul in warcraft 2 expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
In the book "rise of the horde" Ner'zul started the horde. But didnt realize the true motives, and that Kil'jaedin was a demon, a Demi-God creating armies for the burning Legion. Once he found out this he didnt want any part of it. He didnt want to have his people fully enslaved. So Kil'jaedin had him sit in little corners watching different plans being made towards the destruction of Draenai.

Gul'dan took his place and wanted tremendous power. Only sense Ner'zul wanted no part and didnt want to enslave his people. Why take control of the horde and create many portals to conquer other planets?
It makes no sense. I've seen nothing that says how and why he did. Taking control sure, the horde didn't know Ner'zul was being captive by the shadow council. So he can easily be a warchief. But why make portals?

makes no sense to me. It s possible Kil'jaedin got to him. Convincing him of the power he would receive and finally made ner'zul insane and evil.

Thoughts?

Level 2
he made portals to escape the wrath of the demons after the horde failed (im guessing the sit in little corners part was so he would have to watch the corruption of his race? i never got that part...).

Level 12
in rise of the horde, guldan was dumb enough to have ner'zhul have access to documents on everything the shadow council spoke of, including plans for dark portals

Level 9
in rise of the horde, guldan was dumb enough to have ner'zhul have access to documents on everything the shadow council spoke of, including plans for dark portals

He wasn't stupid; he knew Ner'zhul was harmless at that time. Of course he wasn't entirely right since Ner'zhul warned Durotar about Gul'dan's plans, but overall he was right. As for conquering worlds, Draenor was lost. The main interest of the Horde in invading Azeroth from the first place was to gain new resources. So, since they failed, Ner'zhul planned to conquer other worlds instead. But why just one, when you can conquer few? Not all races are strong as the Humans and Orcs. It is also important to note that Ner'zhul made promises to few significant leaders within the Horde, saying that they will get a personal world for themselves if they will join him.

Level 12
I found out more accurate info. During WCII Sense Gul'dan, shadow council or any other being knew Ner'zhul was held captive, He gained control of the last clans on Dreanor, he wanted to escape the wrath of Kil'jaedin so he wanted to make multiple portals to different worlds to escape the Demonic demon, so he claimed if he got these portals to different worlds the horde can conquer other worlds and claim one to theres. but of course they went through the wrong portal... They went though one of the biggest, which led to the twisting nether and Ner'zhul was caught almost instantly. Thats where the story of the Lich King starts.

Ner'zhul did this for personal reason not for the horde, thats why only his trusted servants went with him, one of them being Teron Gorefiend.

Also one of the main reasons for the horde wanting Azeroth is so they had there own new world, and after blackhand was killed by Orgim Doomhammer, he he killed the shadow council but a few, they wanted to claim the world for there own, to start over and have there own Territories. Most likely he would have killed all the warlocks after the war if they won. So no corruption of the planet would take place.

This failed and a few orcs, and 1 powerful clan, the bleeding hollow went through the portal and joined the other half of the horde.

Level 9
Both are true, although your info isn't entirely accurate has you think it is. Teron Gorefiend was far from being Ner'zhul loyal and trusted servant, he only joined him because Ner'zhul promised him a world of his own.
As for Ner'zhul selfness, according to Rise of the Horde he wasn't selfness at all. So it is hard for me to believe he risked at tore his ancestors' home world apart only for self reasons. I don't say it wasn't his target, I just say that it was one of them. But we will just have to wait for the book to come out and discover the real answer.

And by the way, if you had access to this information why you made this thread?

Level 12
Because i didnt knwo the info existed until i ran itno it, its on wowiki

Reason why he would be selfish, i dont know.

Following the Horde's defeat in the Second War, Ner'zhul, as Warchief of Draenor, devised a plan of opening new portals and finding a way to escape the return of Kil'jaeden. Using the excuse of 'finding other worlds to plunder' to win the favour of the other clans, he sought out several artifacts from Azeroth: the Skull of Gul'dan, the Book of Medivh, the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras, and the Eye of Dalaran. Upon retrieving all of these artifacts save the eye, he attempted to open portals throughout Draenor. However, the vast energies that the spell created tore the planet apart, and from this the shattered realm of Outland was created.

Now with his powers stripped from him, how could he become warchief? The lore simply doesnt go into detail

Level 2
he was the heir i believe since he started it and their was no one else.

oh and he didn't make the portals for personnel reasons he made them for the horde to excape but the horde was caught up fighting the allliance so he and his most trusted peeps fled and escaped through a portal. that bit was selfish.

Last edited:
Level 12
Actually no he wasnt
He did it for personal reasons

Following the Horde's defeat in the Second War, Ner'zhul, as Warchief of Draenor, devised a plan of opening new portals and finding a way to escape the return of Kil'jaeden. Using the excuse of 'finding other worlds to plunder' to win the favour of the other clans, he sought out several artifacts from Azeroth: the Skull of Gul'dan, the Book of Medivh, the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras, and the Eye of Dalaran. Upon retrieving all of these artifacts save the eye, he attempted to open portals throughout Draenor. However, the vast energies that the spell created tore the planet apart, and from this the shattered realm of Outland was created.

Original Link
http://www.wowwiki.com/Ner'zhul

Level 9
Wowwiki is not always accurate, there is no proff that he used 'finding other worlds to plunder' as an excuse. However, there is a proff that he cared from his people ("Rise of the Horde"). I guess we will just have to wait until "Beyond the Dark Portal" will come out to see what really happened (June 24).

Level 12
I thought Blizzard created wowwiki, it would make sense. Also knowing Ner'zhul it makes sense he would make that excuse. He would want him and his people to stay away from Kil'jaedin, plus it was the perfect chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.