• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this too much of a stretch of Lore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making a map set after the 3rd war, so basicaly the present warcaft time though I have a lore related problem.
I realy want to include Ner'zul as a hero before he was turned into the spiritual form of the lich king, in doing so I get to include his abilities like opening portals to other worlds (being able to transverse other worlds will be a big feature of the map). Do you think twisting the lore slightly so that Ner'zul is still alive but give him the option of terning into the lich king would be abusing the back story too much?

I was thinking of using another hero for this but none of them have as good a back story as Ner'zul, I mean opening portals to other worlds, making pacts with demons, then turning into the Lich king himself, this guy has to be the coolest villan of WC.

Level 1
You are making your own map. You are not saying as if this is a new WC lore. Change it as much as you want. People will like something different. They already heard the original lore.
Just remember to mention that the map isn't exactly according to the original lore or many start complaining.

What kind of map you are planning with this? Camapign / RPG or something else?

Level 3
I'm making a map set after the 3rd war, so basicaly the present warcaft time though I have a lore related problem.
I realy want to include Ner'zul as a hero before he was turned into the spiritual form of the lich king, in doing so I get to include his abilities like opening portals to other worlds (being able to transverse other worlds will be a big feature of the map). Do you think twisting the lore slightly so that Ner'zul is still alive but give him the option of terning into the lich king would be abusing the back story too much?

I was thinking of using another hero for this but none of them have as good a back story as Ner'zul, I mean opening portals to other worlds, making pacts with demons, then turning into the Lich king himself, this guy has to be the coolest villan of WC.

Although it would be cool, it makes no sense. It is your lore in your project, but you don't want to completely screw up the pre-existing lore. Unless you have a VERY good reason, you shouldn't do this. How does Ner'zhul turn into the Lich King at will? He didn't want to turn into the Lich King. Kil'Jaeden ripped his soul from his body and put it into the Lich King's armor.

Thanks for the reply, I've decided to use Drek'Thar instead of Ner'zul and give him the option of turning to shadow magic or staying with shamanistic magic. This way it won't confuse people as to what time period its set in.

I really can't see Drek'Thar going to shadow magic. Just about all of the Orcs went to the demons. But the Frostwolf Clan, no, they resisted. And now that Thrall is Warchief of the New Horde, who is the Frostwolf Clan's leader? Drek'thar. Possibly Thrall's biggest supporter.

For a shaman-turned-warlock, there really isn't anyone you could use. You should make a new hero. Maybe, somehow related to Ner'zhul, like his son? Maybe something to do with Garona, as well.

Then again, I have no idea what your project is about, so I can't give that good of an answer.

Level 7
Well the map is alot like Azeroth wars/dark ages of warcraft where you start as one nation and can choose what path to lead them on, exept its different in that it will be centering on the wars between outland and Azeroth, its desingned to be played over Bnet.

Though people can make their own fate I want it to be belieivable so i rekon if I put Nerzul in when hes supposed to be the lichking people would be like WTF! So I'm definitly gunna stick with Drek'thar as he has a history of using warlock magic too.

Level 17
I really can't see Drek'Thar going to shadow magic. Just about all of the Orcs went to the demons. But the Frostwolf Clan, no, they resisted. And now that Thrall is Warchief of the New Horde, who is the Frostwolf Clan's leader? Drek'thar. Possibly Thrall's biggest supporter.

I don't think you quite realise it, but you have just provided a great idea for an epic storyline. Think about it, if Thrall lost his biggest support and his native clan, what would become of the Horde?

For a shaman-turned-warlock, there really isn't anyone you could use. You should make a new hero. Maybe, somehow related to Ner'zhul, like his son? Maybe something to do with Garona, as well.

Then again, I have no idea what your project is about, so I can't give that good of an answer.

I agree with wc3. You should make your own hero who has some sort of relation to Ner'zhul of some sort. Look through the Warcraft lore. Dig some things up. I doubt any of the greenskin Orcs nowadays would dare turn to shadow magic. Well... other than the Orcs still at Stonewatch. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.