• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Nerugia Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Welcome to the Frozen Lands of Nerugia!

I have decided to celebrate the launch of Warcraft 3 Reforged and make a Reforged version of my old map, available here: Nerugia v1.6 - Lost Secrets

Though, it's gonna look a whole lot different now. It's gonna be a cooperative Adventure RPG, where you embody the role of a Protector of Nerugia, a land in desperation and need of help. The highest living entity - Nerugian World Tree - has made a wide call to the other lands (and planets) and you have answered the call. Now, you must work together with the Tree and other Protectors to banish the evil that invaded Nerugia. So how will it be different:

- All heroes (Protectors)'s abilities scale off stats like Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Max Health or Max Mana. Most of them got their ability kits reworked (now don't use spells from other people). Trinia is flying back to her home planet, because i wasn't satisfied with her gameplay at all. So there will be a total of 20 heroes to choose - from a holy and divine being who brings life with its presence to a bloody necromancer who summons armies of demons to help him in battle. You should always pick a combination of DPS/Tank/Healer hero as missing either of these will result in a challenging gameplay. Side note: there is no such thing as a human being ;)

- Item system is reworked, now featuring a lot of interesting items with abilities that scale off your stats as well. Now featuring new stats such as Cooldown Reduction, Lifesteal applying on any instance of damage you deal, Spell Power % and so on. Almost every item will be craftable from the lowest-level ones, so you cannot be unlucky at all. Neutral shops scattered around the map will be closed until you defeat the Shopkeeper. They will contain mentioned items as well as some bonus items.

- The old game modes included in Nerugia v1.6 will be removed, but i'm planning on making a different Protect mode where one player takes the role of Ellion the God of Construction to establish defenses against hordes of enemies, and the others pick regular Protectors to help him. The main game mode will be Adventure, where you travel Nerugia and fulfill missions which Nerugian World Tree gives you to keep Nerugia and its people (not humans!) under control. You will have as much time as you want unlike in the old map. These missions will ultimately lead to killing the bosses of evil forces that caused the whole chaos. There will be also optional quests to complete which can help you on your journey.

- Speaking of bosses, they will be much more interesting to fight against with unique patterns and hopefully not a dumb AI as in the old map.

- The Dungeon will be remade too, making it a more interesting place to walk through.

- Some places will receive an update, adding new locations such as Spider Lair, Ice Troll Village etc, each containing a boss. Expect an updated lore, too.

- You will have the ability to convert stats which you don't like into stats you need.

- I have an idea about betraying Nerugia and joining the dark side to make it harder for Protectors, although i might implement that after i complete the basics and make sure everything works. Because trust me, with Reforged Beta, nothing works :D

- I'll add cinematics to stress out important parts of gameplay and give it a more adventurous feeling.

Wow, that was a bunch of text. If you have made it until here, please let me know what you think, see the screens below or perhaps download the old map to see a glimpse of what the Protectors are about or how the map looks like. You are also welcome to join my public Discord, where i post spoilers and ask about your opinions to make the map good for everyone: Join the Nerugian Community Discord Server! We shall also play together when Reforged comes out ;)

I also accept any donations via PayPal to support my work: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CJQSL2XTEZVKE&source=url

Attachments

• Corrupted Forest.png
    Corrupted Forest.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 292
  • Devil's Playground.png
    Devil's Playground.png
    1,020 KB · Views: 254
  • Ice Troll Village.png
    Ice Troll Village.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 280
  • Lady Eclipse.png
    Lady Eclipse.png