• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroic Adventure! New 5man COOP RPG, OVER 46 DIFFERENT HEROES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys I have been in the production of my first real map for months now, I am in programming classes in college and found this as very useful practice and fun outside of class, It is a 5 Player Cooperative RPG where players select a hero from the 46 i have prepared. There is a wide variety in the heroes availible as well as glyphs in front of each hero with color coded text for the skills.

There are very nice item shops, that instead of having only 12 or so items, have tabs for each category, potions, armor, weapons, artifacts, basic weapon recipes, basic armor recipes, advanced armor recipes and advanced weapon recipes.

instead of the traditional red being able to kick whoever, i have implemented a votekick system. Much of the map is scaled so more or less spawns depending on how many players are playing, though it is suggested to play with more then 1.

There is a fully computer controlled paladin hero that plays with the player. which helps alot with healing and tanking depending what items you get him.

All i need are people with active Bnet cdkeys to come test online, as well as an artist to come up with a nice minimap picture for me, i will check this site every couple of days, please respond!
I am on UsEAST, and have a hosting bot that can host on EAST WEST ASIA AND EUROPE simotaneusly allowing for all 4 servers to play 1 game, i just need u!
For contacting i have these services.
RaidCall
Yahoo

if you do not have any of these please private message me

Last edited:
You could improve on the triggers a lot, standard gameplay similar to warchasers..
Too much cinematic action, the cinematic mode and constant camera change is far too annoying, try changing to game txt. It seems like a good idea/concept though.

I also suggest improving greatly on the hero's for you can spam stop on some like for healing as well you should make more custom spells triggered to improve effects and stuff. The terrain isn't that good either, you get a 2/5 from me. Hope it gets better =)

Level 2
This is my first attempt at posting screenies in a long time, i hope it works.
I took Screenshots of the opening cinematic and the hero selection area
This is the beginning of the cinematic

Most of my player feedback says it plays alot like warchasers, which is sort of intended seeing as how warchasers inspired me for this map, thinking of a name in tribute to it, maybe war bringers?
The majority of players i take through the testing give good feedback, however the only professional to look at it (Dat-C3) gave me harsh feedback as seen in his post, terrain problems are easily remedied, I kept my trigger section well organized except for i used a different trigger for each player when those sort of triggers came up, its sloppy, but it works, the ingame Cinematic cutscenes add to story and purpose which i dont intend on ditching just for one review.

Level 2
that kind of stuff can be fixed, for real, and Tal0n if you really are offering legit help, I would be a fool to turn you done, just tone down the harshness please. I am still looking for someone who could arrange a nice 128x128 map preview TPA image

Level 12
The cinematic Archimonde is a part off, the part where he says "Ha ha ha ha... The Legion has returned to consume this world woman, and this time your troublesome race will not stop us" terrain does not mix with the altar thing or whatever it is, mainly because the area around it looks like a cave of some sort, you should change the tiles and the cliffs. They don't mix. Plus, "world woman" does not make sense. I think it should be "The Legion has returned to consume this world, woman, and this time your troublesome race will not stop us".

Level 2
"what you cant accept criticism? XD also what is a tpa image i hope you mean tga if u want a tga i can make it for you but i dunno what you need."
i can take criticism jsut fine, just dont have to be excessively mean about, of course i mean tga, it was a measly typo, i am looking for something basic but nice for the map preview you do not need to go over the top or anything, your help is appreciated, something that isnt blurry, maybe has come figures in it in a pose or whatnot, im no artist.

"The cinematic Archimonde is a part off, the part where he says "Ha ha ha ha... The Legion has returned to consume this world woman, and this time your troublesome race will not stop us" terrain does not mix with the altar thing or whatever it is, mainly because the area around it looks like a cave of some sort, you should change the tiles and the cliffs. They don't mix. Plus, "world woman" does not make sense. I think it should be "The Legion has returned to consume this world, woman, and this time your troublesome race will not stop us".

thank you for the grammar correction, from waht i understood about the tile editor i could only have two cliff types, city and dirt cliff, so i worked with those, it IS sort of a cave, plus all that "woman" business, there will be night elves included in the map. And this is an Epic size map, There is a dungeon area, forest, castle, and the entire other half is snow'like,thus the ice floor you see in archimondes lair

"As you wish, whenever you want my help I will need the latest version of your map unless you haven't changed anything since I first Dl'd"
thanks a bunch bud, ive made a couple small edits, like the grammr one noted above, i work alot, so i can give u like 2-3 days to fool around, but to be honest i wouldnt mind some kind of VOIP thing so i can learn more then just turning it over to you and getting somthing polished back. A big glitch i am concerned with is the gold duping one you found, your the only one to have found it it but... why not stop others.
ill be checking bnet for you until i have to go to work, hopefully you hope on, or care to contact me via another proxy>

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey guys, I know that most of you arent into my map but in the test runs i have done with actual players there is a hour+ of gametime and they seem to enjoy the Tabbed shops, and Recipes.

Anyhow, the map has just undergone a HUGE overhaul on models for the heroes, from adding in 5 entirely new heroes, to replacing the skins of about 80% of the rest, new skills to replace some basic ones spread out, Taunt has been added to "tanks"

if anybody is curious illl add some screenies later

Status
Not open for further replies.