• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

NeoDex 2.7 Wc3 Modeling Kit for 3dsmax & GMAX

Level 17
Nothing happens and the max listener is the same as after starting Max. The renderer gives the same error. I opened the file in the max script editor and clicked evaluate all and this is what the listener gives me:
Code:
#()
#((color 255 3 3), (color 0 66 255), (color 28 230 185), (color 84 0 129), (color 255 252 0), (color 254 138 14), (color 32 192 0), (color 229 91 176), (color 149 150 151), (color 126 191 241), (color 16 98 70), (color 78 42 4), (color 40 40 40), (color 40 40 40), (color 40 40 40), (color 40 40 40))
NeoDexGetTeamGlowFiles()
NeoDexGenerateTeamGlows()
OK
#()
NeoDexUpdateTeamColor()
NeoDexResetMaterials()
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK

Edit: When I try to change the material type to Warcraft 3 it changes but an error appears:
Code:
--No "append" function for undefined
and two check boxes under the Flags category appear with names Unknown 1 and Unknown 2.

Level 21
Hey BlinkBoy, I decided to try out NeoDex with Max 2012 and I'm getting this error.

The error seems to happen whenever there's an editable mesh with a a skin modifier attached to a bone/s.

Attachments

• NeodexBug.jpg
    NeodexBug.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 255
Level 21
Sure, here you go

-- Error occurred in V loop; filename: C:\Users\Josef\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\UI\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 94224; line: 3583
-- Frame:
-- matrixindex: undefined
-- bonegroup: #(3)
-- count: 1
-- bonenodes: #()
-- weights: #(1.0)
-- found: undefined
-- V: 2
-- called in LoadGeoset(); filename: C:\Users\Josef\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\UI\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 94398; line: 3591
-- Frame:
-- funcNodename: getNodeByName()
-- funcBoneId: skinOps.GetVertexWeightBoneID()
-- s: Skin:Skin
-- replaceBone: (FakeObject name:"Default Bone" pos:[0,0,0] parent:undefined ref:undefined)
-- funcVertexCount: skinOps.GetVertexWeightCount()
-- preCalculatedNormals: undefined
-- matrices: #(#(3))
-- tmpBones: #($Bone003, $Bone002, $Bone001, (FakeObject name:"Default Bone" pos:[0,0,0] parent:undefined ref:undefined))
-- funcGetWeight: skinOps.GetVertexWeight()
-- facegroupMapper: undefined
-- weightsUnbalanced: false
-- faces: undefined
-- generateFakeBone: generateFakeBone()
-- tex: true
-- mapper: undefined
-- normals: #()
-- matrixindices: #()
-- validSkin: true
-- count: undefined
-- canSimplifyUnwrapCalculation: undefined
-- getVisObject: getVisObject()
-- obj: $Box001
-- geoset: (Wc3Geoset mesh:$Box001 vertices:#() normals:#() tvertices:#() matrixindices:#() faces:#() matrices:#() material:undefined id:0 geosetAnimId:undefined mainExtents:undefined extents:#() numUVWmaps:1 unselectable:false visObj:undefined)
-- tmp: undefined
-- hasUnwrap: undefined
-- map: undefined
-- verts: #()
-- tverts: #()
-- loadName: "Loading Box001: "
-- vertexIndices: undefined
-- NumBones: 4
-- numverts: undefined
-- checkWeights: checkWeights()
-- tmpIndices: #(0, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, ...)
-- funcBoneName: skinOps.GetBoneName()
-- called in obj loop; filename: C:\Users\Josef\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\UI\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 106681; line: 4003
-- Frame:
-- obj: $Box001
-- called in LoadObjects(); filename: C:\Users\Josef\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\UI\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 106758; line: 4011
-- Frame:
-- h: undefined
-- progressAdder: 25.0
-- FUNc: undefined
-- FaultyBones: undefined
-- helpersArray: undefined
-- isMdlBone: undefined
-- isMdlHelper: undefined
-- PROGRESS: 0.0
-- called in ParseScene(); filename: C:\Users\Josef\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\UI\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 129200; line: 4766
-- Frame:
-- faceGroups: true
-- mergeGeosets: true
-- model: undefined
-- extentsCalculation: 2
-- tmp: tmp()
-- ATFixNormals: true
-- ATThresshold: 0.1
-- extentsPrecision: 6
-- called in ExpMDL.pressed(); filename: C:\Users\Josef\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\UI\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 175603; line: 6288
-- Frame:
-- noError: undefined
-- outfile_name: "C:\Users\Josef\Desktop\scary\blah.mdx"
-- sliderTmp: 0f
-- len: (interval 0f 100f)
-- inside: true
-- usesMdx: true
-- sel: #()
-- time1: 42509586
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- Unknown system exception <<

Basically I went into Max, made three bones, attached them and skinned them to three boxes under one object (Box01), set 1 keyframe, and exported.

Level 2
Works in Max 9 Max, 2010 and 2011.
2012 and above not supported because Max suffered remodeled in MaxScript.

I have found no errors in the script BlinkBoy It sees to work fine however there are some minor differences in neo dex and Art tools.

Yeah, not everything can be made the same. Some are better, some are more annoying.

In the next version I'll add support for a modifier which makes making tverticesanims a piece of cake.

Btw, Here's a lil test I've done:
attachment.php

It's a very early sample of BlizzPart2's rendering. I'm still facing some problems concerning the latitude and longitude, but until now i can generate particles and move them along. Still need to make it generate more as time passes.

Edit: Greatly improved. Now there's something:
attachment.php

Edit2: Animating the Emiter:
attachment.php

Attachments

• PartTest.gif
    PartTest.gif
    98.9 KB · Views: 550
  • PartTest2.gif
    PartTest2.gif
    396.2 KB · Views: 534
  • PartTest3.gif
    PartTest3.gif
    116.9 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
atleast I can open it now, but the installer doesnt work with maxscript thing

http://gyazo.com/b4069920d0b963b3e2e17c4b3e7a3cb9

well, you can always install the rest manually (the installer just adds neodex to the interface, the rest is perfectly installed). Just run the installer untoil that error and go to Customize -> user Interface. Go to Menus and create a new Menu called Neodex. Add it to the main menu and look for the commands in "NeoDex ToolKit", add those to the neodex menu you just created. I'll look what went wrong with the installer later.

Does your modified model importer version work with newer 2ds max versions or just version 4 and 5?

Works with any I have tested it(2008 and 2013), but only works on game models, models edited or created by people without using art tools, won't export.

Level 6
For the life of me I cannot get the importer functional. I've tried the blizz importer, impdexpmdx and I the importer that comes with this tool. I'm using GMAX 1.2, and I just have errors with the scripts or they don't show up.

For the life of me I cannot get the importer functional. I've tried the blizz importer, impdexpmdx and I the importer that comes with this tool. I'm using GMAX 1.2, and I just have errors with the scripts or they don't show up.

Blizz Importer was not made by me, therefore I can't warranty you that it works on GMAX. Never tested it on it and most likely won't work due to compound materials. You could try simplifying model materials on your model by removing multiple layers, that could make it work.

The importer that comes with NeoDex is not implemented it's just an interface, btw so don't try it until I say it's implemented.

Level 6
Blizz Importer was not made by me, therefore I can't warranty you that it works on GMAX. Never tested it on it and most likely won't work due to compound materials. You could try simplifying model materials on your model by removing multiple layers, that could make it work.

The importer that comes with NeoDex is not implemented it's just an interface, btw so don't try it until I say it's implemented.

Oh okay, thanks.

A report on 2.6:

what has been done:
  • Prototyping on particle emitters 2 rendering.
  • Prototyping on new mechanisms for full support of mdx format in gmax (multilayer materials, blizzpart1 and animated textures)
  • Prototyping on improving the renderer's speed (good results until now)
  • Looking for easier to mechanisms to animate. Found the UWV xForm modifier to be a perfect candidate for easier tvertex animations.
  • NeoDex's internal importer is one step closer to work. Already reads MDX to NeoDex format. (NeoDex does not export/import directly, it transforms scenes and mdxs models to an intermediate format which is easier to read and write)
  • Design made for Rigging Tools.

Targets of NeoDex 2.6:
  • Working Importer with support for geosets and animations.
  • Basic particle emitter 2 rendering.
  • Improved performance in the renderer.
  • Try to finish the baking feuture for non standrad systems.

As you see NeoDex from versions .60 to NeoDex 2.52 focused on creating models from scratch providing the best technologies possible: Ik systems, Bipeds, full MDX support, multiple unwraps, vertex animations, etc.

from 2.6 and on, i'll focus on something different: Editing models with ease and gmax support. The idea is that importing a model to gmax/3dsmax, editing it there and exporting it back be more rewarding than using tools like war3model editor, vertex modify or mdlvis.

How this will be achieved?
  • Enhancing the current toolset.
  • Dynamic importer with full control of what we import. Possible to import animations on "merge" mode, thus making merging animations and selecting what and how you want things imported.
  • Creating the "Rigg Tools" a powerfull set of tools with mechanisms to save riggs, reload them, transfer animations and do fast FK to IK conversions.
  • Improving the sequence manager to provide easier adding of animations.
  • Revise mechanics and interfaces to provide high power in an easier more abstrab way.

Level 23
Bump GMAX fix for large poly models.

Just replace them to gmax\Scripts\NeoDexModules\

and rerun the installer

It should fix the problem with large models.

EDIT:deleted the fix since it created a lil problem on mdls. A different fix will be tried.

does neodex have an importer now? or did I get that wrong?
Gj on the particle visualization so far, but it's a long way from the original previewer as it seems :)

Level 23
Error when trying to export a model
Code:
Welcome to MAXScript.

Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-KRNeoDex.mcr, macroscript: KRNeoDex; Error reading ToolTip value
	First character of token not " or ~
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexAH.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexAH; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexEX.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexEX; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexIKS.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexIKS; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexIP.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexIP; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexMT.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexMT; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexRD.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexRD; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexST.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexST; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-VANeoDex.mcr, macroscript: VANeoDex; Error reading ToolTip value
*** -- Runtime error: array index must be positive number, got: -1 ***

Level 23
Send me the log generated by debug mode, probably something weird happened. Also tell me what you were trying to export.

A Brick falling down (animation)
Does neodex also only support TCB oder does it convert that?
Do the sequences also work with the notescripts? is there any doc I missed?

Welcome to MAXScript.

Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-KRNeoDex.mcr, macroscript: KRNeoDex; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexAH.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexAH; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexEX.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexEX; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexIKS.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexIKS; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexIP.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexIP; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexMT.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexMT; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexRD.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexRD; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-NeoDexST.mcr, macroscript: NeoDexST; Error reading ToolTip value
Error scanning macroscript file: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\MDL Toolkit-VANeoDex.mcr, macroscript: VANeoDex; Error reading ToolTip value
-- Error occurred in RotationKeys(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 66074; line: 2563
-- Frame:
-- TanKey: undefined
-- o: $fragname001
-- keys: #()
-- keys2: #()
-- tangents: undefined
-- tangent: undefined
-- r: (quat 0 0 0 1)
-- c: Controller:Rotation_List
-- pr: (quat 0 0 0 1)
-- hasParent: false
-- k: #keys()
-- called in GetAnimationData(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 78036; line: 2997
-- Frame:
-- usesGlobalSequences: undefined
-- s: undefined
-- obj: $fragname001
-- processFunc: RotationKeys()
-- checkSE: true
-- typeFunc: RotationType()
-- getName: undefined
-- controller: Controller:Rotation_List
-- animData: (AnimationData type:undefined globalSequenceId:undefined keys:undefined)
-- called in GetTransformations(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 79669; line: 3040
-- Frame:
-- Trans: (TransformationData translation:undefined rotation:undefined scale:undefined)
-- isGizmo: false
-- called in LoadMDLObject(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 89652; line: 3425
-- Frame:
-- index: 0
-- Mdl: (MDLObject maxObj:(FakeObject name:"Mesh fragname001" pos:[2.2205,10.3005,26.6652] parent:undefined ref:$fragname001) name:"Mesh fragname001" objId:undefined pivot:[2.2205,10.3005,26.6652] parent:undefined billboardType:#none cameraAnchored:false transformations:undefined dontInheriteTranslation:false dontInheriteRotation:false dontInheriteScale:false sub:undefined)
-- n: undefined
-- called in LoadBone(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 90566; line: 3454
-- Frame:
-- index: 0
-- index2: undefined
-- obj: (FakeObject name:"Mesh fragname001" pos:[2.2205,10.3005,26.6652] parent:undefined ref:$fragname001)
-- Mdl: undefined
-- geoset: (Wc3Geoset mesh:$fragname001 vertices:#() normals:#() tvertices:#() matrixindices:#() faces:#() matrices:#() material:undefined id:0 geosetAnimId:undefined mainExtents:undefined extents:#() numUVWmaps:1 unselectable:false visObj:undefined)
-- mdlBone: undefined
-- called in i loop; filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 94873; line: 3606
-- Frame:
-- i: 1
-- called in m loop; filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 94873; line: 3606
-- Frame:
-- m: #(1)
-- called in LoadGeoset(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 94873; line: 3606
-- Frame:
-- mapper: undefined
-- funcBoneName: skinOps.GetBoneName()
-- numverts: undefined
-- s: undefined
-- weightsUnbalanced: undefined
-- funcVertexCount: skinOps.GetVertexWeightCount()
-- getVisObject: getVisObject()
-- validSkin: false
-- hasUnwrap: undefined
-- checkWeights: checkWeights()
-- funcBoneId: skinOps.GetVertexWeightBoneID()
-- faces: undefined
-- geoset: (Wc3Geoset mesh:$fragname001 vertices:#() normals:#() tvertices:#() matrixindices:#() faces:#() matrices:#() material:undefined id:0 geosetAnimId:undefined mainExtents:undefined extents:#() numUVWmaps:1 unselectable:false visObj:undefined)
-- matrixindices: #()
-- funcNodename: getNodeByName()
-- preCalculatedNormals: undefined
-- canSimplifyUnwrapCalculation: undefined
-- normals: #()
-- replaceBone: (FakeObject name:"Mesh fragname001" pos:[2.2205,10.3005,26.6652] parent:undefined ref:$fragname001)
-- tmpIndices: #(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
-- count: undefined
-- generateFakeBone: generateFakeBone()
-- funcGetWeight: skinOps.GetVertexWeight()
-- loadName: "Loading fragname001: "
-- NumBones: 1
-- vertexIndices: undefined
-- matrices: #(#(1))
-- facegroupMapper: undefined
-- map: undefined
-- verts: #()
-- tverts: #()
-- tex: true
-- tmpBones: #((FakeObject name:"Mesh fragname001" pos:[2.2205,10.3005,26.6652] parent:undefined ref:$fragname001))
-- called in obj loop; filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 106681; line: 4003
-- Frame:
-- called in LoadObjects(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 106758; line: 4011
-- Frame:
-- progressAdder: 4.16667
-- h: undefined
-- isMdlBone: undefined
-- PROGRESS: 0.0
-- isMdlHelper: undefined
-- FaultyBones: undefined
-- FUNc: undefined
-- helpersArray: undefined
-- called in ParseScene(); filename: C:\Users\Frotty\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\NeoDex Toolkit-NeoDex_Exporter.mcr; position: 129200; line: 4766
-- Frame:
-- extentsPrecision: 6
-- tmp: tmp()
-- mergeGeosets: true
-- ATFixNormals: true
-- ATThresshold: 0.1
-- faceGroups: true
-- extentsCalculation: 2
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- Runtime error: array index must be positive number, got: -1 <<

es haengt von der animationsart ab. fuer Drehung, Neodex unterstuetzt linear, smooth und tcb. fuer der translation und der skalen; linear, bezier und tcb. In Falle vom Sichtanimationen, du kannst linear, on_off, bezier und tcb benuetzen. Fast alle Paremeteranimationen klapp einfach wie Translation.

notescripts? Ich bin fast sicher dass sie nuer mit einer normale notetrack functioniert.

Ich hoffe dass ich dir deutlisch deine Fragen antworten hab'. Also, ich brauche das Fehlerlog aber in debugmodus.

English translation (mandatory)
It depends on the type of animation. For rotation, neodex supports linear, smooth and tcb. For translation and scale; linear, bezier and tcb. In the case of visibility animations, you can use linear, on_off, bezier and tcb. Almost all of the parameter animations work just like translation.

Notescripts? I'm almost sure that they only work with a normal notetrack.

I hope that I have clearly answered your questions. Also, I need the error log but in debug mode.

EDIT: hast du Eulerdrehungkontroller benütz? du muss es wechseln mit andere kontrol. Benütz Neodex AnimaTools dafür.

Error log is attached in the post above...
Also don't use german, yours is terrible (google translate oO?)
And yea, I used rotation & position lists. I guess that#s the problem.
I found no way to convert them tho, bleh.

:( I tried, nope wrote it directly. I kinda learned german when I lived in Stuttgart for a year, but it has been quite some time since I last spoke, felt like practicing it, sorry :(. I also don't know technical german that good, just what I remember.

Anyways, use the Animation Tools, it has an option for animation controllers.

No problem, wasn't ment offensive ;)

Okay will try :)

e: What part in the animation tools exactly? Just applying the TCB Controllers removes the animation :(

no worries, when I started speaking english, it was way worst. The thing is that I have nowhere to really practice it, other than der Spiegel and my old tanden.

Anyways, I've been working on the importer, but I was asking myself what kind of feutures are you looking forward to it. Until now I'm planning a merge mode which merges animations of the imported model to the current scene's since I believe people want to use it for model edits. Would be nice if you could tell me what feutures could really help you out with it.

EDIT: didn?t notice the edit, hmm try doing it by hand on the motion panel. Use linear instead.

Well atm I have the problem that I animated the brick with mass Fx, but that the controller is then a position list, which can't be imported.
Any option to make it work? I tried the vertex animation thingy but it created tons of bones and makes the model super big

Did you generate the animation using reactor? In that case, reapply the controllers and regenerate the animation. In case not, just change the controllers by hand, it may save what you did, but it's hard to save the animation from a position/rotation list.

Level 17
Random question ~ it is not necessarily related but.
Is it possible to animate particles to change direction ? I tried animating the latitude and gravity but it seems those parameters only matter to the particles at their creation and don't affect them afterwards.
What I was trying to make is slow moving, long lasting particles kinda like a bunch of fireflies or dust floating in air. That would stay suspended for quite a while and float around before decaying.

Okay will try.
But I could need the neodex importer for a static model first :p

e: No Idea how to get that to work tbh.
Can you add a function to select multiple objects for the Vertex Animation Converter?

Well, that would be hard and unnecessary. If you look into object settings, there's an unimplemented option for baking animations. I haven?t really implemented it in, but with it you could actualy export anything you desire that is transformed by position, rotation and/or scaling.

Random question ~ it is not necessarily related but.
Is it possible to animate particles to change direction ? I tried animating the latitude and gravity but it seems those parameters only matter to the particles at their creation and don't affect them afterwards.
What I was trying to make is slow moving, long lasting particles kinda like a bunch of fireflies or dust floating in air. That would stay suspended for quite a while and float around before decaying.

Hmm, could you illustrate with a simple picture or renders of planes in max, so I can get a better idea of the effect you want.

Level 17
Hmm, yeah. I should do something similar then.
Also how much you know about omni lights ? I noticed something incredibly weird when messing with them.
As such when I try to animate them (animating the light node) the light does follow but only in a certain range.
It is as if there is an omni within an omni (the center blob moves and illuminates doodads and things around correctly) but there is still a large amount of ambient looking light that stay completely static.
I think it may have something to do with the very high intensity value I used that dimly lights up doodads even if they are seemingly outside of the lights range. (the range that illuminates the terrain)
Or maybe the intensity is way bigger than the attenuation range ? Even then changing attenuation does not seem to do jack for omi lights anyway.
Also, can you actually animate omni light's color ? When I try it in magos after saving it defaults itself to inanimate.

Hmm, yeah. I should do something similar then.
Also how much you know about omni lights ? I noticed something incredibly weird when messing with them.
As such when I try to animate them (animating the light node) the light does follow but only in a certain range.
It is as if there is an omni within an omni (the center blob moves and illuminates doodads and things around correctly) but there is still a large amount of ambient looking light that stay completely static.
I think it may have something to do with the very high intensity value I used that dimly lights up doodads even if they are seemingly outside of the lights range. (the range that illuminates the terrain)
Or maybe the intensity is way bigger than the attenuation range ? Even then changing attenuation does not seem to do jack for omi lights anyway.
Also, can you actually animate omni light's color ? When I try it in magos after saving it defaults itself to inanimate.

Hmm haven?t had much experience with omni lights. About animating the color, you could try it on 3ds max and export directly to mdx. It's better not to use magos since it's an imcomplete tool for advanced stuffs.