• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need trigger to change water levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I'm new at this whole thing, but I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I'm working on an island map, and I want to make a trigger that raises and lowers the water level at certain times of day. (Paths between the islands become walkable at low tide, but not at high tide.)

I can work the "Time of Day" event, but can't seem to find anything that affects water level. Any advice?

Level 8
I don't believe there is a way to make the water visibly rise and fall... unless you make doodads of rising water doodads in a complex way.

Level 2
Thanks to everyone so far! Was curious if it was possible, and it sounds like it's not. I'm obviously going to have to make do with terrain pathing (regions that become unwalkable at certain times) or elevators. Any advice on which would be easier/better?

Status
Not open for further replies.