• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] If I want them to walk on water

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a canal that is deep water and at the ends of the canal there is a small shallow water area and then there is a level 0 terrain. I want my units to cross this canal by walking on the water. I've put invisible platforms in the canal, but since the canal is level -2 the units can't go from the shallow water to the deep water. Also I tested with a unit that has blink, it blinked in the canal and it's actually walking underwater and can;t climb from deep water to the shallow water and normal terrain. How do I raise that unvisible paltform to be +2 levels instead of just 1? The other idea I thought about is to give these units amphibious type of walking, but there may occur some circumstances that can ruin it :D. Any advices?

werewrwer.jpg

Level 12
If you select a doodad / destructible and then:
Hold control
Press Page Up

It will raise the doodad / destructible. Using page down instead will lower it.

However, I believe there is a way to make the unit able to walk on water. I don't know the exact way to do it, but Illidan (Evil) or whatever he is called can do it. He should be under Night Elf -> Campaign -> Heroes.

You can look in the pathing options for him to see how it works.

However, this would make the units able to walk on all water. This might not be what you want. Just throwing that out there so you can save those doodads and that time if it will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.