• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Here's the problem:

I want to make water connected to the ground terrain like in (for example) the wc3 campaign where the shore is connected with the terrain (without cliffs) and if it's shallow water you can walk on it and if you move further into the shallow water you see deep water which is also connected to the shallow water not by cliffs but ...simply connected without the cliffs separating the water or anything. I've tried using ramps, the rolling shores method...not any of these worked out for me.

Level 20
You have to make the terrain base level 2 levels under water when you create the map. Then, use Terrain Height Increase option to raise the terrain naturally, with no cliff's nor anything else.

Level 2
that's not what i meant and it doesn't actually help me.See, according to you I have to start the map with deep water and raise all terrain and then lower the terrain where i want the water to be - It's not that i didn't understand what you said but when i lower the terrain it only gives me 1 type of water, plus i have to restart my whole map to begin the map that way and it would be a mess. Still, thanks but it didn't solve my problem.

Level 20
Lower the terrain using the Terrain Height Increase, not the Terrain Cliff. I think Wc3 has an advanced option to raise/decrease the water after map creation setting the cliff level or somethign like that.

Post pictures of the campaing.

Level 3
start the map with shallow water, then use Increase Height tool instead of using blizzard cliff

Level 30
Uncheck Enforce Water Height Limit through Advance then Shallow Water the area you want and to give some kind of mark, put also a tile so you can mark what position you putted the Shallow Water. After that, Increase One it again and the only thing you can see is the tile, now Lower Tool those and Water will flow into it.

Level 2
I've posted before about that method,t he rolling shores. Right on the 1st post of this thread I said that it wasn't working out for me. I'll post a screenshot later to show you what i'm trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.