• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water Level Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I used DarkLord's Terrain tool to set up the basis for a map, but as most of you are probably aware it doesn't do anything with cliffs, it just raises and lowers the terrain like with a brush.

So, what I need to know is if there is a way to make it so that the lower sections of the map are covered with water, while the raised areas remain as land? I know that I can use cliffs, but doing that will be a pain. So is there a way, using the normal WE or some addon or Zepir's WE, to change the water levels without using cliffs?

Level 6
Yeah, but since the terrain is already set using the heightmapping tool, I want to make it so that the water just covers the low portions of the map.

I guess I did a bad job in describing it, but the entire map is already made using the Terrain tool and I imported the terrain file, there is now water in it as the terrain is raised and lowered as it would have been using brushes, which means that if I covered it in shallow water I would make the terrain go away and would have to remake it. So what I'm trying to do is make it so that the water is just there one the unraised portions, allowing me to simply lower the raised parts that are landmasses to the level I need to.

Is that possible or do I need to surround the thing in cliffs first to separate the landmass from what's supposed to be water?

Status
Not open for further replies.