• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Need some testers and explanation about this map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello Hive Community! I have very strange bug inside the map that i use. I need some testers to discover the common bug that stops all of the default spells and items. Only Auras worked. The problem appeared whenever i import a trigger from hiveworkshop Spells section. I use only APROVED spells. However whenever i import a spell and test it in game, like i said no of the spells and items who has target object or target ground seems to work. Heroes are just sitting there and doing absolete nothing. Now I will import both maps. First is the working one. The second is when i imported a new trigger. I have tried with several computers, reinstalled wc3 updated all drivers, even contacted to the blizzard customer service. However none of those options have worked. The thing is in Editor whenever i import a GUI/JASS spell Trigger my heroes struggle and cannot do anything. There is also no syntax error. So please if you have time test the map and explain me where the things are wrong. If possible don't be so critic please. The map that i have permision to update the triggers(Terrain was made by me). Except the multiboard edition is not made by me. The attached file map is the one who is bugged and the abilities doesn't seems to work. Also make sure to save the other files inside your newgen jass folder. Also in the attached map there is a trigger for LeakCheck. You can write -leakcheck in game. This one is the one inside pastebin that works: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=kv3ah8

Attachments

• HeroesandArmies 3.07.w3x
    5.3 MB · Views: 30
  • TimerHash.j
    105 bytes · Views: 35
  • ExtraFunctions.j
    4.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Effect.j
    3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Level 12
The thing is in Editor whenever i import a GUI/JASS spell Trigger my heroes struggle and cannot do anything.

What do you mean by this?

I have had issues that I might describe the same way:
The first way I learned to do my own spells was to use the "Spawn Tentacle" ability and have it spawn a custom unit. Then I would have a trigger with the event "Unit - A unit enters <Playable Map Area>". It's definitely not the best way, but it was the first one I had figured out. This was almost 10 years ago lol.

I found out after a little while that this will not work in the long run. At some point, there were too many "Unit - A unit enters <Playable Map Area>" events and very strange things started to happen. It was almost as if the units were trapped by other things. There pathing was all crazy and they stuttered constantly while trying to move. If it's anything like this, then maybe that one new trigger is hitting some sort of limit like this.

I fixed the issue temporarily by changing how one other trigger works. In the longer run, you can group all these kinds of events and use If - Then - Else to have each condition be checked in just one trigger.

I can't test your map right now, but I'll see if I can check it out later when I get home.

Level 6
Thanks for the respond. Test it when you have time and nervs to deal with this bug. The quote that you're want to know what it means is this. Whenever i import/rewrite triggers from hiveworkshop spell section. Heroes can move but they can't use default abilities and items that have target on a unit, target on a ground and no target(example flame strike, storm bolt and thunder clap). Only passive auras working.

Level 21
I found out after a little while that this will not work in the long run. At some point, there were too many "Unit - A unit enters <Playable Map Area>" events and very strange things started to happen. It was almost as if the units were trapped by other things. There pathing was all crazy and they stuttered constantly while trying to move. If it's anything like this, then maybe that one new trigger is hitting some sort of limit like this.

Are you absolutely sure that it's the enter events that cause this? I have encountered this issue on another person's project before and had no idea how to solve it.

Level 12
Are you absolutely sure that it's the enter events that cause this? I have encountered this issue on another person's project before and had no idea how to solve it.

It was for my case. I think it can happen if you overuse any event, maybe, or at least some set of events. It was literally 1 more trigger and everything blew up (as described in my other post) and when I took out that trigger or a different trigger with the same event, it worked fine. I don't know if it has to be on the same region or if it only applies to <playable map area> region or something, but I know that that is what was causing my issue.

I also had a similar problem when I made gigantic array global variables (1000 for like 4 variables or something). Some triggers just didn't work at all and other strange things were happening.

Level 12
Ya my map is still mostly GUI and has been kicking around for like, 8 years or something lol. I am not as familiar with how things work with JASS, since I only started using it for real in the last few months. I'm changing everything into JASS and optimizing as much as I can. I actually find it very fun :D lol

Level 6
Well after testing all the triggers found that some has a lot of bugs, and i guess that prevented game to run normally. Now everything is fine. You may have a point that was something about regions. Truth is i really don't know, but i'm glad that i can continue on this map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.