1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need some hero ideas (+REP inside :D)

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by -Stygian-, Jul 6, 2009.

1. -Stygian-

-Stygian-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I need some spells for my heroes :p

Ok i know this is an old one and every 2nd person on hive has a 'Need ideas for spells' thread

BUT, i want special ideas, never seen before (but still do-able :p)

Here is the twist, I want 3 versions of each ability, the one must be stronger than the other and they must all be the same kind of spell (so it cant be like 'fire ball', 'poison arrow' and 'mana buff'. But rather 'fire ball', 'fire blast', 'flame nova' etc)

Here is an example:

1. Ice Arrow : Shoots an arrow that freezes your enemy and damages him over time

2. Frost Bolt : Shoots an arrow that explodes and freezes a whole bunch of enemes and damage them over time

3. Cold Arrow Storm : Shoots an Ice arrow that splits up in more ice arrows that split up in more ice arrows etc.

Give me an idea that i WILL use : +REP and Name in credits
    Give me an idea that gives me an idea : +REP

thanx :thumbs_up:

2. Hijax

Hijax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fire: damage over time, damage starts out low and gets higher.
    Devouring Flames: returns 50% of damage to caster.
    Inferno: anybody that gets within 50 of the target will get a fresh sample of the debuff.

3. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    It may help if you could tell us what your heroes are or what kind of spell ideas you are looking for like elemental spells or arcane spells or warrior-type spells, stuff like that.

4. Trillium

Trillium

Resources:
    Resources:
    Healing Touch - strong single target heal.
    Healing Grasp - strong healing over time
    Healing Wind - point-blank aoe heal

Fire Barrier - deals Y damage to attackers
    Fire Wall - stationary fire wall
    Fire Wave - a cross between firewall and shockwave =)

Fire Shield - returns percentage of damage (like spiked carapace)
    Fire Ring - circular fire wall around the caster. enemies cant enter without getting damage, caster cannot leave. though a caster shouldnt want =))
    Fire Tide - a croww between Fire RIng and Fire Wave =))) fire nova more simply =))

5. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    (i suck at names ^^)

"Poison Infusing"- Target spell, a small damage over time that deals X damage over time over (very short time) 1-2 seconds. If the targeted unit dies while under the effect it blows up, dealing damage and puts a damage over time effect on every unit nearby.
    "Chain Poison"- Like a chain lightning, but instead of dealing damage it puts a damage over time effect on the targets it bounces on for X seconds, Also slows the movement speed by X %. If they die of the damage or DoT they explode, like in "Poison Infusing".
    "Chain Infusing"- Like Chain Poison, but the damage over time effect and slow effect spreads from the targets to nearby units if they come near. And if unit dies while under the effect they blow up, slowing and dealing damage over time for some seconds.

6. Solecompanysole

Solecompanysole

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lightning-Hit one target doing damage
    Chain Lightning-Hit 2 or more targets(the nearest to the one selected)
    Storm-Hit an area and dealing to all units in it damage

it should not be like chain lightning the lightning should be the model from the cinematic the one that comes from the sky like Froked lightning(sorry for my bad english)
    Poisoned Weapon-Inflects when hit a target
    Poisoned Armor-Inflects the target when near at a range of xxx(it should be like 300 or less)
    Poisoned Body-Inflects the target at long range!

Hope you liked if you need more I will think of it

7. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Last Prayer (Passive spell): When the unit gets under X% of his Life, he has X% chance to get a Divine Shield for some seconds.
    Holy Tornado (Offensive spell): Summons a tornado (like the one Sea Witch makes), all friendly units hit will get healed and all enemies hit will get damage.
    Divine Freedom (Offensive spell): The unit goes into some stance, reducing damage taken by X%, getting immune to stun and restores X% of his Life and Mana every second for some seconds.

8. Squidle

Squidle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Water of Life: Heals the caster for ### health.
    Blessing of the Stars: Heals the caster for ### health and deals damage to the enemies in a range ###.
    Nature's Wrath: Heals all the friendly units and deals damage to the enemies in a range of ###.

9. Gaegamel

Gaegamel

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Summon Cub Summons a little wolf cub, that helps the hero.
    Summon Wolf Summons a wolf
    Summon Direwolf Summons a Dire worf, that helps the player

Need to mention, that the unit has different skills ofc

10. -Stygian-

-Stygian-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Very nice guys :D i like some of the ideas

What is gna happen, is the heroes gets stronger, and when they do, some of their spells are replaced by stronger spells. So i dont want the players to feel like . . . aww i dont want to become lvl 25 because then i have 'Super arrow' instead of 'poison arrow' which is stronger, but i still want the players to know it IS the same spell, just much stronger

I forgot to add, it is for a hero defence type map, so single target spells arent really something to go crazy about (unless you can use it on an ally) so there will be lots of creeps

The heroes im using :

Fighters:
    Legionnaire - normal fighter, strong dps etc.
    Black Guard - dark warrior, uses dark magic
    Dwarven Defender - very strong defensive hero

Rangers
    Drow Ranger - dark ranger, uses dark magic
    Arcane Archer - uses her magic to enchant her arrows/ her bow
    Flamebow - specializes with fire

Casters
    Mystic Theurge - Spiritual type caster, lots of healing, buffs etc.
    Archmage - Lots of offensive elemental spells
    Red Wizard - The human embodiment of a dragon, has lots of dragon related spells

11. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting. As I am quite tired, I will give you a list of spells tomorrow. Sorry about that. xD

12. -Stygian-

-Stygian-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Awwww :{

Looking forward to it :D

13. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Here is some new ideas:

For Legionnaire:
    Imperial Strike: Deals damage to 1 enemy, knocking him back and stunning him.
    Raging Strike: Deals damage to all enemies in front of the caster, knocking them back and stunning them.
    Merciless Strike: Deals damage to all enemies in some range of the caster, knocking them back and stunning them.

For Black Guard:
    Dark Slam: An attack that steals instant life from 1 enemy, and then steals some of his life over time.
    Shadow Slam: An attack that steals instant life from all enemies in front of the caster, and then steals some of their life over time.
    Death Slam: An attack that steals instant life from all enemies in some range of the caster, and then steal some of their life over time.

For Dwarven Defender:
    Rock Throwing: Throws a rock on an enemy, dealing damage and taunting him.
    Mass Rock Throwing: Throws rocks on an enemy and all enemies nearby it, dealing damage and taunting them.
    Rock Spray: Throws rocks on all enemies in a large range of the caster, dealing damage and taunting them.

For Drow Ranger:
    Black Shot: Shoots an enemy with an arrow, dealing damage and then slowing him.
    Night Shot: Shoots an enemy with an arrow, dealing damage and then slowing him. When the enemy moves, he will leave a shadowy trace after him. Other enemies who enter this trace are also slowed.
    Unholy Shot: Shoots an enemy with an arrow, dealing damage and then slowing him. When the enemy moves, he will leave a shadowy trace after him. Other enemies who enter this trace takes a huge amount of damage and gets slowed.

For Arcane Archer:
    Flash Arrow: Shoots an arrow into the ground, stunning and dealing damage to all enemies in some range of the arrow.
    Jumping Flash Arrow: Shoots a target with an arrow, stunning and dealing damage to him and all other enemies near him. Then the arrow jumps to an other target, doing the same.
    Raining Flash Arrows: Calls forth a rain of arrows, dealing damage and stunning all enemies in some range of the caster. The effect isn't cancelled if the caster moves.

For Flamebow:
    Hot Arrow: Shoots an enemy and deals instant damage to it.
    Fiery Arrow: Shoots an enemy, dealing instant damage and then some damage over time.
    Burning Arrow: Shoots an enemy with a burning arrow, dealing instant damage and then some damage over time. If the enemy touches other enemies, they get the damage over time effect too, which also can spread.

For Mystic Theurge:
    Spirit of Life: Summons a spirit that heals friendly units.
    Spirit of Hope: Summons a spirit that heals friendly units and deals damage to enemy units.
    Spirit of Justice: Summons a spirit that heals friendly units and deals damage to enemy units. If any unit is killed near the spirit, another spirit is summoned at the corpse.

For Archmage:
    Cold Stance: The caster enters a stance, allowing him to walk through all enemies. All enemies he walk through, are frozen.
    Icy Stance: The caster enters a stance, allowing him to walk through all enemies. All enemies he walk through, takes damage and gets frozen.
    Freezing Stance: The caster enters a stance, allowing him to walk through all enemies. All enemies he walk through, takes damage and gets frozen. When the caster leaves the stance, all frozen enemies takes a big amount of damage.

For Red Wizard:
    Draconic Rage: The caster feels a draconic rage, increasing his damage slightly.
    Dragon Within: The caster calls forth the dragon within, increasing his damage and attack speed.
    True Form: The caster enters his true form as a dragon, increasing his damage, attack speed and allows him to fly.

These are just a few ideas, hope you like them :)

14. -Stygian-

-Stygian-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You have some cool ideas, but your lvl 1 ideas are very weak :p

but your ideas gave me some great ideas :D

keep 'em coming

15. -Stygian-

-Stygian-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Sorry guys, i completely forgot, i only need 2 spells and not 3 :O

my bad

16. Rowboat

Rowboat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok here i go D:

------->

Iron Strike: Deals XX damage and may stun for X seconds. There is a 30% chance that the casters attack damage will be increased by 20% over X seconds.

Steel Rampage: Creates a shield of small steel bricks, flying fast around the caster. Every attacker will take XX damage and the casters attack damage will be increased by XX%.

------->

Scary Face: Scares the target enemy unit, making it run away. While the target is running, its movement speed will be doubled but after the effect, its atttack speed will be reduced by XX% over XX seconds.

Horror Mind:
    Puts terrifying horror into the target enemy units mind, dealing XX damage every second and stuns it. All damage taken will be increased by 40%.

17. Vosty

Vosty

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well some cool spells...

Level 1: Discharge (Non MUI mind that) --- creates a bomb unit that continues to get larger (and maybe more vertex colored) until it explodes dealing Aoe damage to all units around it.

Level 2: Armaggedon ---- (also non MUi or maybe you can make them MUI i just think so) creates 3 bombs that grow until the combust dealing massive Aoe damage.

Variations of this spell include giving use the ability to move the bomb to position it. Pushing the bomb with attacks (like hot potato bomb style.) Or just launching it to the target area.

18. Squidle

Squidle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Leggionnaire

Blade Throw: The hero throws his blade to the enemy and deals X damage.
    Blade Dance: The hero spins at a extreme speed and hits all the enemies in a range of Z dealing X damage.

Red Wizard

Roar of the Dragons: The hero roars to the nearby enemies and decreases their armor with X and XX damage.
    Dragon's Tail: The hero spawns a mighty dragon and then hits the enemies in a range of Z with his tail.

Flamebow

Hellish Arrows: The hero shoots burning arrows which deals X damage and deals overtime XX damage.
    Meteor Arrow: The hero shoots a huge flaming arrow and damages every unit in a range of Z dealing X damage and leaves the units burning with XX damage.

19. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You may ask yourself about it, but all these spells are possible (and not hard) to be made. They are just damn tricky. ;)

Illusionist:

- Fireworks: Creates a random and appealing spell effect, that does no damage, but intimidates and distracts the opponent.
    - Illusionary Mirror: Summons an image of the hero, creating an axis of symmetry between the hero and the summon. If the image hits any enemy, it stuns this enemy. (The image isn't controllable, but it will walk symmetrically along with the hero)

Chronomancer: (Time Magic)
    - Roll Back: Goes back to the position and the life points had 5 seconds before the spell usage. (Just save both values every second, in an array of 5 values, adding a new one, saving the others one number greater and erasing the last)
    - Past Overlap: Summons a clone of the hero at the position of 5 seconds before, with the life points of 5 seconds before. (The clone will return to its original position whenever using Roll Back, and he won't be able to Overlap)

Biochemist:
    - Pet: Creates a mutant pet that will acquire the fisionomy of any creature it attacks. The biological information of the pet will be stored for the next time it is summoned. (It is a forever level 1 hero with the stats 10/10/10 and life 400/400 - this can be raised with levels. When the pet attacks a normal unit, it will multiply its max mana and health by a small factor of the target's ones, causing it to seem to acquire the same features the attacked unit has. When attacking a hero, the factor is between 3 numbers, multiplying its stats on these proportions. The sum of the attributes and the life/mana will never change, for balancing purposes. If the Pet attacks an intelligent hero, it will gain INT and lose some AGI and STR. Hard to figure out, but awesome in-game)
    - Genetic Theft: Gives all the abilities owned by the units in an area to the Pet, for a period of 20 seconds, replenishing instantly the Pet's mana points.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  20. -Stygian-

-Stygian-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Already got all the heroes i need thanx :D but i will check some of those spells out thanx